IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Silver Crown Rumors / Split features
9/21/08, 3:42 PM   #1
USAC Silver Crown Rumors / Split features
kruser

Heard talk yesterday at the 4 Crown that USAC is thinking of making the mile dirt silver crown races (2) 50 lap races.If this is true , this is BS. The silver crown series has always been about car and tire management. If this is truly the case we may as well just have another sprint car series. We have just started to get the series back to where the fans want it , now there going to try and ruin it again. USAC should make all the races 100 miles or 100 laps wherever we race.

DK :redflag::thumbsdown:

9/21/08, 3:53 PM   #2
Re: USAC Silver Crown Rumors / Split features
dirtywhiteboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kruser View Post
Heard talk yesterday at the 4 Crown that USAC is thinking of making the mile dirt silver crown races (2) 50 lap races.If this is true , this is BS. The silver crown series has always been about car and tire management. If this is truly the case we may as well just have another sprint car series. We have just started to get the series back to where the fans want it , now there going to try and ruin it again. USAC should make all the races 100 miles or 100 laps wherever we race.

I am through with USAC and their absolute bullsh*t wasy of doing things if this happens.

What the hell is going on with places in charge of racing series on 16th street in Indianapolis?

Maybe that's why Parsons retired, he saw where things were going with USAC and decided to leave while it still had a small amount of credibility.

9/21/08, 4:19 PM   #3
illiNOISE

Quote:
Heard talk yesterday at the 4 Crown that USAC is thinking of making the mile dirt silver crown races (2) 50 lap races.If this is true , this is BS. The silver crown series has always been about car and tire management.
At 50 miles for each race, it will still be about tire management. With the smaller car counts the champ cars have been getting lately eliminating the need for the Last Chance Qualifer race, they need to give the fans more than just one race. JMO

9/21/08, 4:47 PM   #4
miledirt

Quote:

I seriously, seriously hope that this is not the case... the answer to the car count problem is not this.

9/21/08, 5:15 PM   #5
petey

They should make the 4-Crown race two 50 lappers.

9/21/08, 10:11 PM   #6
sprntr

Quote:

I hope this doesn't happen. :kookoo

9/21/08, 10:36 PM   #7
racinstacie

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 64

I try not say much because people on this board are like pirahnnas sometimes but I have to speak up on this topic. I heard the reasoning for considering and gathering feedback on this topic is because of the speeds and 75 gallons of fuel strapped to the back of our drivers. Last year at Springfield on the back stretch left a firey crash with a lucky driver escaping without injury (Hess maybe?? Don't remember who's car burned to a crisp) Oh, who saw the amount of fuel pouring out of Cottle's car at Richmond when he split a fuel cell?

It seems when something is being 'considered' everyone starts griping about how it is effecting them - what about the wives and families of these racers? I'm sure then USAC or what ever the sanctioning body considers changes they think - let's change things to make our fans unhappy. Seriously, it's about the best interest of our drivers! Maybe it hasn't been looked at or not thought about for years so the boat wouldn't be rocked but what are we going to do, wait until a driver loses their life then think about it?

Heck, sometimes I pray for a yellow so it tightens the field up! Heck I had a bad attitude about mandatory red flags at the Anderson 400 and it actually made the race! So people try not to be so dang selfish, be a bit flexible and enjoy what we have and what we are going to have!

9/22/08, 12:08 AM   #8
Sprint63122

I wish they would run the 100 lappers on the half-miles like terre haute more than once a year it is great to watch these cars push the cushion all the way to the wall like this years race was.The race at springfield other than bud coming up thru the field was not a good race at all has tyler was just toying with the field there he had them covered from the drop of the green flag.Need more racing on the half miles keeps the field close and they are always in traffic not strung out.

9/22/08, 5:52 AM   #9
cecil98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprint63122 View Post
I wish they would run the 100 lappers on the half-miles like terre haute more than once a year it is great to watch these cars push the cushion all the way to the wall like this years race was.The race at springfield other than bud coming up thru the field was not a good race at all has tyler was just toying with the field there he had them covered from the drop of the green flag.Need more racing on the half miles keeps the field close and they are always in traffic not strung out.
I'm not a big fan of school busses running on a 1/2 mile. JMO

9/22/08, 8:04 AM   #10
bigmojo5

I wish they would have the Silver Crown as a stand alone event, at least once, at Eldora rather than the last division to run on a worn out track,
Jim Morrison

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Silver Crown Rumors / Split features