IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Longtime sprinter (Offline)
  #21 10/15/16 9:13 PM
You're probably right Sandy, I was just throwing it out there. I love the big cars, and I'm afraid they're going to go away if the promoters don't have enough dates for owners to want to be involved with them. I think they would be very interesting at the Burg. Don't know if they have ever run there, I don't remember them.
LEADERS EDGE (Offline)
  #22 10/15/16 9:54 PM
Typically.... Silver crown car owners like the smaller schedules. As mentioned by someone else.... That is part of the appeal to an owner.

Knoxville would run them if they could get a crowd.... But it just never seems to go over.

I think the novelty of the Burg would wear off very quickly.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, jim goerge, Ken Bayliss
Scooter (Offline)
  #23 10/16/16 4:38 PM
I'd love to see silver crown at the burg. I think that would be a great race.
dustbowl (Offline)
  #24 10/17/16 12:26 AM
Cars won't handle at a track that tight and small. They are too long and too underpowered and heavy. Won't turn and then when they do will just slide across.
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #25 10/17/16 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by dustbowl:
Cars won't handle at a track that tight and small. They are too long and too underpowered and heavy. Won't turn and then when they do will just slide across.
I can't buy this argument.

Most of the newer Crown cars can go down to a 96" wheelbase. They are also now approaching 800hp. Weight rule is 1625lbs with the driver.

If they can turn at Williams Grove, the worlds slowest half mile, they can sure turn at Lawrenceburg.

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
2 Likes: Nate, PIT CART
mlamb (Offline)
  #26 10/17/16 3:20 PM
Originally Posted by opnwhlmnd:
I can't buy this argument.

Most of the newer Crown cars can go down to a 96" wheelbase. They are also now approaching 800hp. Weight rule is 1625lbs with the driver.

If they can turn at Williams Grove, the worlds slowest half mile, they can sure turn at Lawrenceburg.

There's a half mile with slower silver crown qualifying times than Williams Grove's.
I'm not buying Williams Grove is the slowest.
mlamb (Offline)
  #27 10/17/16 3:29 PM
Shear speed itself is overrated. Many times your better racing ends up being on a slower track.
davidm (Offline)
  #28 10/17/16 3:43 PM
How's this for turning a Champ Car on a small track.

https://youtu.be/95Cr0aros7w
3 Likes: BrentTFunk, jim goerge, Nate