IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Clauson IndyCar Fan Favorite
10/5/16, 2:42 PM   #2
PIT CART

Fingers crossed that Indy car owners will see this and another USAC star will get a chance.

10/5/16, 7:57 PM   #3
Re: Clauson IndyCar Fan Favorite
SteelCore

I think one will, it's just a matter of who.

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
10/5/16, 9:05 PM   #4
flagboy55

Pit cart, I was thinking the same thing. I hope they are smart enough to see that we payed attention because one of ours was making the biggest race in the world. I would think they would have to notice how important it is to get an American graduate of grass roots racing to the big show

1 member likes this post: PIT CART
10/6/16, 6:29 AM   #5
BrentTFunk

As much as I would like to see another of our guys getting to Indy, it may not happen real soon. The timing for Bryan was perfect, and a driver of his level and business sense may not come around for a while, if ever. His stats are unbelievable.

10/6/16, 6:56 AM   #6
david mitchell
Banned

The person to continue Bryan's legacy needs to be good on pavement, good on dirt, be adept at running winged cars and regular sprint cars,midgets, and dirt champ cars, and has won multiple championships.The correct age is also a factor.Personality is a factor.Above all, this person has to be smooth and not have a history of tearing up equipment.Mechanic friendly, if you will.One name comes to my mind, and it is Kody Swanson.

10/6/16, 7:18 AM   #7
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by david mitchell View Post
The person to continue Bryan's legacy needs to be good on pavement, good on dirt, be adept at running winged cars and regular sprint cars,midgets, and dirt champ cars, and has won multiple championships.The correct age is also a factor.Personality is a factor.Above all, this person has to be smooth and not have a history of tearing up equipment.Mechanic friendly, if you will.One name comes to my mind, and it is Kody Swanson.
That is who I think would be the closest

10/6/16, 7:51 AM   #8
david mitchell
Banned

May I add 15 Silver Crown wins in three years. Two Championships,and one of the greatest weekends in racing history with the Hoosier Hundred, a second at ORP,The Little 500. and a 10,000 to win sprint car race I believe at Fremont.Simply outstanding. All of his abilities on display.Very good at long distance races as his Silver Crown record attests to. A perfect selection and I believe Bryan would agree.

10/6/16, 9:57 AM   #9
D Byrd

There are no IndyCar team owners that will "take notice" of this and bring a USAC guy to Indy. IndyCar may notice and IMS may notice, and that may be part of a path to making it happen, but that too is unlikely.

What took Bryan to Indy initially was the prize money attached to winning the USAC Driver's Championship.

What took Bryan back to Indy was a family that believed in him and built a program around him.

That family did not require Bryan to bring anything to the table but himself.

That family hopes to be able to be able to bring another USAC star to Indy.

10/6/16, 10:21 AM   #10
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Byrd View Post
There are no IndyCar team owners that will "take notice" of this and bring a USAC guy to Indy. IndyCar may notice and IMS may notice, and that may be part of a path to making it happen, but that too is unlikely.

What took Bryan to Indy initially was the prize money attached to winning the USAC Driver's Championship.

What took Bryan back to Indy was a family that believed in him and built a program around him.

That family did not require Bryan to bring anything to the table but himself.

That family hopes to be able to be able to bring another USAC star to Indy.

Thank You!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Clauson IndyCar Fan Favorite