IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #1 8/28/16 4:06 PM
OFF TOPIC. Your thoughts on how this could turn out.
Link to lawsuit - http://www.courthousenews.com/2016/0...ifications.htm

How could this effect dirt racing in general?

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
chathamracefan (Offline)
  #2 8/28/16 6:03 PM
I'm a big late model fan as well as sprints and midgets. Don't think getting the courts involved is ever a good thing. I'm thinking the bug $ races will soon be a buy your tires at the track scenario. World 100 is using those rules this year and the Lucas series recently did something similar for the north south 100.
BLASTER1 (Offline)
  #3 8/28/16 6:27 PM
The title of this thread is incorrect.....Bloomquist is the only driver suing for scales being inaccurate.

Bloomquist and fellow driver-plaintiffs Jimmy Owens, Gregg Satterlee, Brandon Sheppard, and Ricky Thornton Jr. are suing because results of tires that where tested after a another race.
kinser (Offline)
  #4 8/28/16 6:49 PM
So why didn't Bloomers sue any of the other 6 or 8 times he was caught with illegal tires ??
3 Likes: Backitin, Bostonian, Can26
BLASTER1 (Offline)
  #5 8/28/16 7:29 PM
Originally Posted by kinser:
So why didn't Bloomers sue any of the other 6 or 8 times he was caught with illegal tires ??
My guess would be the lab reports were not FLAWED as in this case....or there was NO lab testing in the prior!
kylezero (Offline)
  #6 8/28/16 7:48 PM
Man if I was getting sued over this I would just ban them all from ever stepping foot on my race tracks property for good, you got caught cheating get over it.
nathans1012 (Offline)
  #7 8/28/16 8:03 PM
Originally Posted by kylezero:
Man if I was getting sued over this I would just ban them all from ever stepping foot on my race tracks property for good, you got caught cheating get over it.
Lawsuit isn't about the tires #TireGate from this years dream. Just about what the car weighed after the 2015 DIRT Late Model DREAM 100. Even the Ohio Department of Weights and Measures ruled the tracks scales where off. I see this getting very slimy and could open a big mess between tracks and drivers.

2024 Season: Race 1 - April 20th Brownstown (Crate LM). Unlike many I don't discriminate on what racing I choose to watch.
BLASTER1 (Offline)
  #8 8/28/16 8:20 PM
BLASTER1 (Offline)
  #9 8/28/16 8:20 PM
Originally Posted by nathans1012:
Lawsuit isn't about the tires #TireGate from this years dream. Just about what the car weighed after the 2015 DIRT Late Model DREAM 100. Even the Ohio Department of Weights and Measures ruled the tracks scales where off. I see this getting very slimy and could open a big mess between tracks and drivers.
you may want to read the report more closely.....it about the tires also!

"The other drivers assert similar claims regarding their disqualifications.
All told, the 13-count complaint seeks $16 and a half million in damages from the defendants."
chop (Offline)
  #10 8/29/16 6:55 AM
In the past the court system has ruled that baseball and football are games. So most times they do not even hear the case.(Most times) What ever a tracks scales said you car weight is, that is your car weight. Does not matter what your scales in your shop said the weight was at home.
2 Likes: CCI, Tony74