IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
stanbrough4presidentgo53 (Offline)
  #1 9/7/08 11:58 PM
What happened to Stanbrough in the 53 car? any1 have any idea?
JasonWatt
  #2 9/8/08 12:13 AM
He trashed the car at the USAC show a couple months ago at Haubstadt. I have not heard of him racing it since then. Was making a hard charge to the front when him and Cole Whitt tangled coming out of turn 2. Pretty hard flip.......

Hope he returns it for the last 2 MSCS events which both are $10,000 to win..... He has been driving the Baldwin Number 5 since...

Sept 27th at Haubstadt & October 4th at Lawrenceburg.

Jason Watt
  #3 9/8/08 12:14 AM
Ya i was there at haubstadt that night and since than i have seen him in the 5 car but its not the same. something seems off with him in that car...
JasonWatt
  #4 9/8/08 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by stanbrough4presidentgo53:
Ya i was there at haubstadt that night and since than i have seen him in the 5 car but its not the same. something seems off with him in that car...

Yes I will agree..... He is a monster in the #53, I am hoping it returns for the sweep of the $10,000 events!

Jason
Millsvideo
  #5 9/8/08 12:26 AM
I spoke to Brad Fox last weekend at DuQuoin and asked him point blank what the situation was...He told me that the 53 is parked. He said that the agreement with Jon was always that they would run the car as long as they stayed within their budget they had set and that the car has made money the past few years enough to keep it running. But, with the recent crashes and various other problems, that they no longer could justify running it, so they have parked it...I commented that it was the end of a "super team" and he had no retort for that, so it seems it is true. I told him I will miss the 53, but that it was a good run. A very good run.

Brad also told me that he and Steve have accepted a job with another team and will be putting all their efforts into that for the remainder of '08 and into 2009.

There ya go.

DM
JasonWatt
  #6 9/8/08 12:29 AM
Originally Posted by Millsvideo:
I spoke to Brad Fox last weekend at DuQuoin and asked him point blank what the situation was...He told me that the 53 is parked. He said that the agreement with Jon was always that they would run the car as long as they stayed within their budget they had set and that the car has made money the past few years enough to keep it running. But, with the recent crashes and various other problems, that they no longer could justify running it, so they have parked it...I commented that it was the end of a "super team" and he had no retort for that, so it seems it is true. I told him I will miss the 53, but that it was a good run. A very good run.

Brad also told me that he and Steve have accepted a job with another team and will be putting all their efforts into that for the remainder of '08 and into 2009.

There ya go.

DM
WOW! That is sick!!!! One of the best teams I have yet to see in my short time enjoying this sport!

I have a hard time believing they would end such a good thing!
  #7 9/8/08 12:29 AM
Thanks DM and Jason!! and it was a hell of a run in that car....
JasonWatt
  #8 9/8/08 12:34 AM
I wish Jon would get out of the #5 car. I am sure he can get a better ride elsewhere as this car doesn't seem to get the job done.

He trashed this car at Tri State also when him and Ballou got into each other crossing the finish line (Last lap)

Jon has had a bad run here lately when it comes to wrecking but he is to good to be denied. One of my favorite drives along with Cummins and Fitzpatrick......

Jason Watt
  #9 9/8/08 12:47 AM
Ya i pull 4 jon casue he will put that car in the turn as hard as anyone and he does it on his own without a big sponsor and can still hang with levi and all the other usac boys..
JasonWatt
  #10 9/8/08 1:05 AM
Originally Posted by stanbrough4presidentgo53:
Ya i pull 4 jon casue he will put that car in the turn as hard as anyone and he does it on his own without a big sponsor and can still hang with levi and all the other usac boys..
Very true..... ran Hines and Jones down at Tri State that night like they were sitting still! Would of at least finished 2nd and probably 1st if there would of came a caution.....

They say all good things come to an end....

It is a damn shame though!