IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mmsa help
1/21/16, 10:46 PM   #1
Mmsa help
Bhill

Looking to buy a mini sprint in the mmsa series, my question is I have raced karts and modified. However I have no knowledge of these race cars , looking to get an interleaved car that would be good for me to get some seat time before I perhaps sink a lot of money into a ride. What chassis do you guys recommend as well as engine? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Remember I have no knowledge of these rides or classes, mini,midgets,etc...

1/22/16, 12:56 AM   #2
BigBoost5.3Notch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhill View Post
Looking to buy a mini sprint in the mmsa series, my question is I have raced karts and modified. However I have no knowledge of these race cars , looking to get an interleaved car that would be good for me to get some seat time before I perhaps sink a lot of money into a ride. What chassis do you guys recommend as well as engine? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Remember I have no knowledge of these rides or classes, mini,midgets,etc...
Unless you know someone with a car that is willing to let you drive it seat time is more than likely going to cost you a fair amount. Not only would you be putting wear and tear on a car you would of coarse run the risk of tearing someone else's car up, that could get costly.... I may be wrong in saying this but you may have to just jump in, spend anywhere from 4-6k on a entry level car and see how you like it. If you have ran modifieds hopefully you have a good amount if not all of the safety gear you need already because that is a considerable up front cost as well.
Engines of choice are the yamaha 1000's (r1) and Suzuki 1000's (gsxr1000) mmsa rules require a stock engine aside from injection, power comannders, exhaust and a few other odds and ends. Maybe someone else with more knowledge knows a way to get you in a car without actually buying one or spending a arm and a keg to rent one.
Last edited by BigBoost5.3Notch; 1/22/16 at 12:58 AM.

1/22/16, 9:20 AM   #3
Bradleyracing86

Give me a call this evening,
813-345-3946
Andy

1/22/16, 10:54 AM   #4
Re: Mmsa help
17B

2016 Schedule nearly complete, some 23+ racing events scheduled at several top notch Indiana racing facilities!

This Premiere Support Series will be in action with many great series, such as, the WOO, MSCS, USAC at tracks like, Tri-State Speedway, Lincoln Park, Brownstown, Bloomington, Twin Cities, Paragon with several fair dates in the mix, and a National Event in Nebraska!
And even possible stop in ILLINOIS!

Stay tuned for the 2016 schedule, coming to a place near you soon!
Last edited by 17B; 1/22/16 at 10:57 AM.

1/22/16, 11:03 AM   #5
Re: Mmsa help
17B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleyracing86 View Post
Give me a call this evening,
813-345-3946
Andy
or try 812-345-3946 should get you thru to him

1 member likes this post: Colin25
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Mmsa help