IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
open_wheel_outlaw (Offline)
  #1 10/25/15 4:24 AM
Anybody know if the indoor midget race will be held at duqoin this December? Had yet to see anything officially scheduled and heard rumblings at Leffler Memorial this past Saturday that it wasn't happening this year due to Indy Invitational being scheduled week before what the potential Battle at the Center race date would have been. Just trying to get time off scheduled and any info is appreciated.
miledirt (Offline)
  #2 10/25/15 6:34 AM
I saw somewhere that it is scheduled for 12/19
3 Likes: jim goerge, open_wheel_outlaw, treecitytornado
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #3 10/25/15 11:00 AM
Sat. Dec. 19th is right!
2 Likes: jim goerge, open_wheel_outlaw
DBO7 (Offline)
  #4 10/26/15 3:34 PM
They aren't having the Battle at The Center this year. I emailed them and they couldn't get the date they wanted.
ronmil (Offline)
  #5 10/26/15 3:56 PM
It has been announced several times that it was scheduled for Dec. 19th. Jim Childers announced it at Haubstadt, and at the last POWRi race at Belle-Clair. It was on the POWRi website, but I don't see it now. I have sent an email to POWRi. I don't think a race in Indy a week before the Battle should have any effect on it. If anything, it might generate more interest.

Ron Miller
2 Likes: jim goerge, zeromotorsports
ernart3 (Offline)
  #6 10/26/15 4:36 PM
I don't believe powri is putting it on but think usac may be doing it
ronmil (Offline)
  #7 10/26/15 5:55 PM
Kenny Brown just replied to my email that they could not get the date; what a shame!

Ron Miller
miledirt (Offline)
  #8 10/26/15 6:18 PM
Bummer
knepp55 (Offline)
  #9 10/26/15 7:24 PM
There will be a midget race at Southern Illinois Center on December 19th. More details to come this week.

-Nick
9 Likes: bmemmer, chathamracefan, dtrain10, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, luckybuc97, rclaridge, Rimrida35, ronmil
chathamracefan (Offline)
  #10 10/26/15 7:28 PM
Great to hear!!! Went for first time last year and had a blast.
2 Likes: jim goerge, LUCKYONE