IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Drivers and there respect for others.
9/13/15, 10:25 PM   #1
Drivers and there respect for others.
JDONAMO
Inactive Member

Race Count This Year: 6

This year after watching several sprint car races ,I have decided that these drivers now a days , and I am not talking about all of them ,but some , have little respect for others and others equipment . I have watched people's stuff get tore up because someone looses there temper . I seen a guy , probably one of the best drivers going now stick a wheel into a guy on a yellow and just about turn him over . Not to mention the track never threw a black flag , i watch starts where people run the other car up the track or down the track , I watched another guy that wins all the time wheel several cars on the start or throw them a wheel in the nerf and call it a slider . It's like because of who they are you owe it to them to just move over . I seen a good race going on this weekend between two drivers and watched one of those capable drivers after the checkered take a cheap shot at the other guy that he couldn't pass and from what I've heard cost the owner about 2500 to 3000 bucks . Not to mention the 3rd car that didn't have anyplace to go that got caught up in his temper tantrum . I know that the guys that need to see this probably won't . But maybe if they do then they will realize that when they get butt hurt , there could be more than a Chasis or a rearend , maybe someone's life or health ! They should also consider how this could affect their career and possibly get a ride with some one else . Just my opinion , but I miss the days when guys respected and helped each other , not take each other out and call it racing . I guess that is what you get when you have a generation of spoiled kids that haven't earned anything ! And what happened to race tracks enforcing safety ? thanks for listening .. Be safe out there.

9/13/15, 10:36 PM   #2
sprint38racer

I couldn't agree more, one of the main reasons I quit years ago, no concern for anyone

9/14/15, 12:53 AM   #3
Re: Drivers and there respect for others.
xoxide

Might as well name names .. we all know you were talking about Ballou.

When your next meal depends on your finishing order see how easily irritated you get when you get the short end of the stick because of someone else's mistake.... See how quickly you retaliate because of anger and adrenaline.
Last edited by xoxide; 9/14/15 at 12:57 AM.

9/14/15, 12:57 AM   #4
BigWheel7

Race Count This Year: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
Might as well name names of you're going to slam someone for retaliating. .. we all know you were talking about Ballou.

When your next meal depends on your finishing order see how easily irritated you get when you get the short end of the stick because of someone else's mistake.... See how quickly you retaliate because of anger and adrenaline.
I also think he is talking about Hampton and Mattox at LPS this weekend. Needless to say every person sees the exact same thing in different light. We all have our own opinions because god blessed us that way.

2 members like this post: midget39, PIT CART
9/14/15, 8:33 AM   #5
Pat O'Connor Fan

finger pointing by anonymous members =

1 member likes this post: tirespinner
9/14/15, 12:00 PM   #6
Eric Smith

How many of these disrespectful drivers have to build their own stuff, clean and maintain their own stuff, repair and/or replace their own stuff, and go to work every day to try to pay for their own stuff? Or are they drivers who hop in someone else's car and race, then get out and go home afterward and say "See ya next week. Make sure it's fast for me."

It's usually pretty easy to tell the difference at the track who has to be responsible about it and who doesn't.

9/14/15, 1:15 PM   #7
PJ Wright

IMO, it's just a reflection of the de-civilization I see in society and it only seems to be getting worse.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

9/14/15, 2:12 PM   #8
Tumey's 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Smith View Post
How many of these disrespectful drivers have to build their own stuff, clean and maintain their own stuff, repair and/or replace their own stuff, and go to work every day to try to pay for their own stuff? Or are they drivers who hop in someone else's car and race, then get out and go home afterward and say "See ya next week. Make sure it's fast for me."

It's usually pretty easy to tell the difference at the track who has to be responsible about it and who doesn't.
Just my observation but the guys who routinely tear up equipment do not stay in good rides for long...too expensive and unproductive. Not sure there are many guys with the cavalier attitude of "see you next week".

2 members like this post: fish, Scooter
9/14/15, 2:32 PM   #9
JDONAMO
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
Might as well name names .. we all know you were talking about Ballou.

no need to name names , they know who they are .. there is no excuse for retaliation in a race car period. some one could really get hurt !! I understand that they may need to make a paycheck , that's almost the same as saying it was ok for the bank robber to rob the bank because he was hungry . but I know plenty of drivers who get caught up in different things , they just race harder to make it . again , not finger pointing , just stating my opinion.

8 members like this post: fish, interpreter66, jim goerge, kylezero, Lewis1585, PJ Wright, R A K, Tom23
9/14/15, 2:36 PM   #10
JDONAMO
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat O'Connor Fan View Post
finger pointing by anonymous members =
knowing who I am isn't going to fix this problem.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Drivers and there respect for others.