IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
BrianD (Offline)
  #1 9/1/15 10:22 AM
It was officially announced today that this is the final year of Super Dirt Week at the Syracuse Fairgrounds Mile. This year will be the last chance to see the Silver Crown cars at the famed “Moody Mile.” While it is sad to see one of the historic fairgrounds miles go away, this is going to be an awesome chance to check it off the bucket list and be part of the last race. Super Dirt Week has long been touted as “Racing’s Biggest Party,” and I am sure the last one at the mile will be the biggest yet.
DonMoore10 (Offline)
  #2 9/1/15 10:38 AM
This is a direct result of a few goofy politicians that have no idea. Building a concert venue a mile away from the fairgrounds and moving all fair entertainment to that area expecting that this is going to improve the New York State Fair. LOLOL So all the fair vendors lose, the racing community loses and the fair loses. Sounds like a great idea to me. Almost all the threads I've read on the internet oppose this deal.
9 Likes: bahawk, cj02, dirtball, etpro43, i love dirt track racing, mowerman, Robbie, ronmil, Speedwrench
BrianD (Offline)
  #3 9/3/15 10:55 AM
Here is a schedule of events for the week
ronmil (Offline)
  #4 9/3/15 2:56 PM
This has always been on my bucket list, but I won't be able to go. What a shame this historical venue is going away.

Ron Miller
CTtoPA (Offline)
  #5 9/3/15 7:15 PM
I watched the SC race last year and will try to make it for fri/sat this year.