IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > It All Comes Down To This!
7/18/15, 1:44 PM   #1
It All Comes Down To This!
Jerry Shaw

With the Bloomington show being called, it all comes down to one race. You have two drivers, Brady Bacon and Robert Ballou, who have a long history with one another, dating all the way back to their duels in the Sprint Bandits TNT days. It's going to be settled at one of the best tracks in the country, in Tri-State Speedway. A race track that you know will be race ready, come feature time. Points-wise, they're within one feature finishing position of one another, as they're only separated by 3 points. So, the only way either can guarantee that they win 2015 Indiana Sprint Week is to roll into Haubstadt and leave with a max points night. Both are capable of doing this as Ballou has been the dominant driver at this track in the last year or so and Bacon was the victor at the USAC race ran here, earlier this year. And he looked impressive in doing so.

The X-factor here very well could be that you have several other drivers, that are ringers at this track, who's only goal will be to show up tonight and just win the damn race. Many of Brady Short's great wins have been in big races on this track. He has nothing to lose and everything to gain by putting in an all or nothing effort. KT Jr dominated Haubstadt for a period of time and is just really at the top of his game, right now. He was very impressive, both without and with a wing, just a few weeks ago, here. You also have Kyle Cummins that has done everything but win a race here in recent history. He's been the driver that has made a series of great races at Tri-State the races that they turned out to be. He's pushed the action and caused the eventual winner to have to race the race he had to, in order to win. So many times, the race winner has been in victory lane, raving about what a great driver Kyle Cummins is and how they love racing with him. So he deserves one. You also have Chase Stockon who is always fast here and was just dominant in the last MSCS race here. And then there's Dave Darland and Hunter Schuerenberg, that will need some bad luck from Bacon and Ballou, and only have a chance if they win.

So we'll get to see a points battle that may go down to the very last lap. Maybe the last turn of the last lap and probably a feature that will be settled the same way. I know I'm ready for this.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

7/18/15, 2:04 PM   #2
Re: It All Comes Down To This!
jim goerge

After the motor blew in the 3r at LPS in hot laps I think we may see (hope) the 3c roll into town. I don't know for sure but if it happens Katie bar the door

4 members like this post: 3Cfan, DirtHawk92, racegal, wildman92
7/18/15, 2:13 PM   #3
Flatrightrear

Darland has never won at Haubstadt. He hates the place which may be why he's never won there.

7/18/15, 2:23 PM   #4
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatrightrear View Post
Darland has never won at Haubstadt. He hates the place which may be why he's never won there.
So, you're counting him out, then?

Winston Churchill

2 members like this post: jim goerge, racegal
7/18/15, 2:24 PM   #5
jim goerge

Tom Dave has won at Haubstadt was driveing the Walker 11 but been some years ago

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Hubie, racegal
7/18/15, 2:27 PM   #6
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
Tom Dave has won at Haubstadt was driveing the Walker 11 but been some years ago
Jim,

I was thinking he beat Alex Shanks in a close one, when he was driving a race for Benic in the 2B car. Or maybe it was the Peterbilt car. Seems like I remember a yellow car.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 7/18/15 at 2:55 PM.

7/18/15, 2:40 PM   #7
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Tom,

I asked his sister if he had ever won there, and she replied that he had. I seem to remember him winning, but don't recall the details.

7/18/15, 4:16 PM   #8
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Quote:
He has won at Haubstadt.
Last edited by racegal; 7/18/15 at 4:20 PM.

6 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Hubie, jim goerge, luckybuc97, ronmil, team3521
7/18/15, 4:38 PM   #9
3Cfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim goerge View Post
After the motor blew in the 3r at LPS in hot laps I think we may see (hope) the 3c roll into town. I don't know for sure but if it happens Katie bar the door
I think you are correct, sir!

3 members like this post: jim goerge, racemaniac, wildman92
7/18/15, 5:06 PM   #10
Flatrightrear

I stand corrected and hang my head in shame..... again. He still hates the place and I don't think he can keep up with the guys that run there a lot and are consistently fast there. I hope Cummins is in the 3c. He just seems faster in the family car to me.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, SisterToThe3c
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > It All Comes Down To This!