IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > That
7/12/15, 12:43 PM   #1
That
retired14

The long range weather forecast is looking great for the Terre Haute and Putnamville dates for ISW. Let's hope it holds out. After last night, we could use a break from Mother Nature. Daggone rain, I don't need anymore.

7/12/15, 1:11 PM   #2
Sprints fan 11

You might want to bring Off especially if you plan on sitting in the infield. They were horrible during the Sumar classic. I am also going to bring a candle or 2.

7/12/15, 1:35 PM   #3
Re: That
racer-x

Leaving Valparaiso area Wednesday morning to go to the Action Track in my 28 Model A coupe. No air conditioning, radio or comfy ride for me this year.Im sure my hearing will be a little worce after 3 hours of open headers! Cant wait to be in turn one of the infield for that first hot lap session.

7/12/15, 3:03 PM   #4
Stevensville Mike

What do you think the car count will be as it is a Wednesday nighter? I imagine it will be down a tad from the first two rounds.

Thinking of making the haul myself. No A/C either. Who needs it? The truck has windows.

It will be tough to outdo Gas City, though. I got to meet Brent T Funk pre-race. Racing aside, that was the initially the highlight of the night until this one brunette sat down in front of me.

Sorry, Brent. No offense meant.

7/13/15, 4:23 AM   #5
jim goerge

I also got to met Mr Funk at Kokomo Hope next time we can chat more

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish
7/13/15, 10:52 AM   #6
bigq11

Are all the camper hookups taken by the fair or will there be some available for race fans? Anyone know for sure?

Thanks

7/13/15, 11:22 AM   #7
BrentTFunk

No offense taken. Good to meet you guys too

2 members like this post: jim goerge, Stevensville Mike
7/13/15, 3:01 PM   #8
Terre Haute camping
bigq11

Finally got an answer from Vigo Co. fair office. No camping spots with hookups will be available for race fans. Camper parking will be on the left after coming in off U.S. 41.
Last edited by bigq11; 7/13/15 at 3:04 PM.

1 member likes this post: Jbaldwin
7/13/15, 5:23 PM   #9
Jbaldwin

Thanks for info. We we're on our way there and saw your post. Decided to stay at Cloverdale Rv Park off of 231. So we have hook ups. See another ISW camper here as well.

7/13/15, 5:33 PM   #10
Re: Terre Haute camping
jim goerge

JMHO But I think its a bonehead move having fair and races sametime I don't think people going to fair are going to spend $25 more for races They are there for the fair rides and food Plus race fans will have to park farther away if you haven't noticed race fans are older folks and what about handicapped parking who are camping? I guess when I can't walk anymore I'll just sit down in the gravel If you see a old guy down I'd love a hand help to get back up

1 member likes this post: racing2bwithu2
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > That