IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thanks From Jacksonville/Quinc
6/6/15, 10:23 AM   #1
Thanks From Jacksonville/Quinc
kdobson

A serious Thank You to all of the fans, drivers and teams that joined us the past two days. We look forward each year to catching up with those of you we only see once or twice per year. Enjoy tonight at Macon and Sunday at Belleville. See you again in 2016.

6/6/15, 3:50 PM   #2
Re: Thanks From Jacksonville/Quinc
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

I was one of the recipients of the complementary vip pit passes.Thank you for something you probably didn't have to do but did it anyway.Thanks to Kasi too.

4 members like this post: dirt_trackgurl006, luckybuc97, mowerman, racing2bwithu2
6/6/15, 5:45 PM   #3
stealth43k

Very well run races had a great time and thanks for the vip passes

3 members like this post: dirt_trackgurl006, mc/rider, racing2bwithu2
6/6/15, 6:21 PM   #4
B99

Thank you Kenny. You deserve a lot of praise, first for putting together such a program and then for taking care of the fans who could not be there.

3 members like this post: dirt_trackgurl006, mc/rider, racing2bwithu2
6/7/15, 1:25 AM   #5

Race Count This Year: 14
Race Count Last Year: 24

First time visit for me at Jacksonville. As I hit heavy rain at mile 260 of my 301 mile journey there I'm thinking what the heck am I doing. thankfully the skies part I roll in at hot laps and here 121 open wheel cars here. I have seen hundreds of midget races and that one ranks right up there. Some of the craziest on, off track , wall and fence driving I've seen. It surely will be talked about for a while. This tracks a bit to far to be a regular stop but I'll be back.

6/7/15, 2:35 AM   #6
Stephen Cording

My first ever visit to Jacksonville. Thank you very much for the hospitality. And what a Midget track Bad @ss indeed.
Already looking forward to next years POWRi Speedweek.

I personally thought that this years Quincy was more awesome than last years. Hopefully next years Jacksonville will repeat this pattern.

Any chance of running Non-Wing Sprints at that show? Oh go on

Thanks for putting on two great opening nights

6/7/15, 11:00 AM   #7
racing2bwithu2

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 63

Thank You Ken Dobson for all you do in Promoting Jacksonville Speedway. It was a pleasure meeting you. Gail and I as well as Kasi, Thank You and your friendly staff from the bottoms of our hearts. To PowerI and Mowa Staff, Teams, and Drivers, for putting on a Great Show. Bob and Monica Clauson, Thank You for a close parking spot, and bench racing with some great IOW race fans. You all know who you are, since my memory isn't the best with names. Plus I would have a very long paragraph adding all these names. Frank Daigh a Special Thank You for what you do. Only thing I will say is that you put Kasi on cloud 9. Well after getting home at 4:30am our time this morning and little sleep, about time to quit rambling. Since Gail and Kasi are still sleeping. Again Thank You Ken Dobson, this bunch looks forward to coming back. Lloyd & Gail

6/7/15, 11:54 AM   #8
kdobson

Oh hush. I have the easy job. I just stop by and drink a beer with you guys and everything seems to take care of itself after that.

My partner Tommy Casson on the other hand has to prepare those tracks and he did a great job both Thursday and Friday. I dropped the ball and left him with his pants down for the sprint car feature. We took the one piece of equipment that would have saved that track for the sprints to our track at Lincoln the week before and I forgot to send a trailer up to get it. It wasn't until a little before intermission when Tommy was getting ready to head out to do what he could that I realized he was fighting 125 open wheel cars with one arm tied behind his back. He needed the Dyna Drive and it was sitting an hour and a half away. We ran out of race track for the sprint feature and we could see it coming. Famous last words, but we'll try to not let that happen again.

But Tommy told told me mid-afternoon Friday what kind of track he wanted "I want to make sure that the guys with a big enough set can get to the wall if they want to."

I posted these pics on another thread... they obviously made it to the wall - and then some.
Last edited by kdobson; 6/7/15 at 11:57 AM.

6/7/15, 4:26 PM   #9
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Thank you Kenny for the great hospitality . Enjoyed having a beer with you . Oh yea great racing also . BTW you should start a school for some of these promoters on how to treat their fans .

6/7/15, 5:17 PM   #10
chop

I would like to thank both tracks for great programs both nights. Well run tracks and programs. The staff was nice to be around and good food. Also thanks for not loading up the show with other classes of cars. If you went to the 3rd night, you know what I am talking about. Lol

4 members like this post: bmemmer, racing2bwithu2, Tom, wildman92
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Thanks From Jacksonville/Quinc