IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
team3521 (Offline)
  #61 5/24/15 11:40 PM
#1hewittfan, I don't know what you were looking at, but you are 100% incorrect.
The 11 was oil leaking out onto the right side header the entire race! And, the right side of his car as covered when I looked at it the pits after the race was over in the pits.
I'm done commenting on this. I know what I saw and unfortunately, it affected the race outcome. No one stepped on their own dicks, except the officials of the race.
LittleRube (Offline)
  #62 5/25/15 12:21 AM
Are you drunk on wanting it at ORP??

up - up - down - down - left - right - left - right - b - a - select - start
6 Likes: 3J, BrentTFunk, fish, interpreter66, LRP36, TQ97
rockstar5 (Offline)
  #63 5/25/15 9:01 AM
A nderson speedway puts in a great effort in the week leading up to the race, I just feel like they need to put in a little more during the race itself. My opinion is Anderson ruined this years little 500 but that's my opinion. As far as moving it,I would disagree. The little 500 belongs on the high banks but man that would be a cool show. 500 laps at orp with the non wing cars... Night before the 400 in july wouldn't be bad Ti
2 Likes: Kellen Conover, mc/rider
yellowaudi21 (Offline)
  #64 5/25/15 10:02 PM
the 33 had a steel block 23deg headed 360. The motor he runs in Florida. Pretty STONG run for not being a 410
4 Likes: hoss90, LRP36, rockstar5, trecraft
team3521 (Offline)
  #65 5/25/15 11:13 PM
Originally Posted by yellowaudi21:
the 33 had a steel block 23deg headed 360. The motor he runs in Florida. Pretty STONG run for not being a 410
That's total BS! It was an all pro headed 410. And it was aluminum. I looked at it as it was sitting on the front straight away during interviews.
Not taking anything away from Dave, but he had a very good piece in that car. I really wish he would have won it.
767 (Offline)
  #66 5/26/15 11:25 AM
OMG push trucks, OMG leaking cars, OMG a car going a lap down takes out the leaders, OMG clean up crew is so slow. After 26 years people still complain about the same things. No matter what the track has changed over the years, people still complain. The number 1 thing I have learned over 26 years, This race does not care how much money you have or how many races you have won. It takes Luck, Skill, and a team that can over come anything.

I am really sick and tied of hearing about push truck this and push truck that. Next year go to Walmart and buy yourself a $20 pair of binoculars. Look at what is actually going on. You will find out that most of the time there is someone still working on the car when the truck pulls up. 2ND use your fricken head. When 8 cars come in to the same pit lane, there is only 1 truck setting in the middle. If you do not have a prime pit stall, your team better choose wisely when they are going to pit. Team strategy screws far more people than the push trucks do. I love it when 2 cars are pitted right together and the front car finishes first. Everyone is so busy jumping around they forget to push the car forward so the truck can get to it.

I miss Chet Fillips (I can never remember haw to spell his last name) he created solutions. Car fuel to slow, he built the dank to have a duel fueling system. He did not like the push trucks, he built the car so that his team could push start it. He did not have a young top knotch crew he skipped the first pit stop. I was always wondering what would he do next.
7 Likes: alexfd16, dirtshirt, fish, PJ Wright, schwarzracen27, Sprint28j, Tony74
yellowaudi21 (Offline)
  #67 5/26/15 2:07 PM
You must be blind. It is all pro headed. But it's definitely 23 deg and def not aluminum block. And definately 360 CID. Same motor he ran at 5 flags race last month against the 410s winged race

QUOTE=team3521;413907]That's total BS! It was an all pro headed 410. And it was aluminum. I looked at it as it was sitting on the front straight away during interviews.
Not taking anything away from Dave, but he had a very good piece in that car. I really wish he would have won it.[/QUOTE]
ronmil (Offline)
  #68 5/26/15 2:53 PM
Talked to a friend at Haubstadt who had attended the Little 500, and he said it was a great race. He is one who definitely knows racing well, so I'll take his word for it.

Ron Miller
3 Likes: fish, Tony74, trecraft
alrho23 (Offline)
  #69 5/26/15 5:08 PM
Been to several Little 500's now, and everyone has had similar issues. To me it's part of what this event is. That to me was what made Eric Gordon and Jack French so dominant for so long, they knew how to make the most of the hand they were given. The only bad thing I see is I have to wait a whole year for another.
4 Likes: chase1989, fish, Honest-Sam, team3521
rockstar5 (Offline)
  #70 5/26/15 5:30 PM
Originally Posted by alrho23:
Been to several Little 500's now, and everyone has had similar issues. To me it's part of what this event is. That to me was what made Eric Gordon and Jack French so dominant for so long, they knew how to make the most of the hand they were given. The only bad thing I see is I have to wait a whole year for another.
I have talked to 5 different drivers and when I say drivers I mean front runners they have all said the same thing the track was covered in oil all night the officials knew what was going on and didnt care yeah I understand that the push trucks have been an issue in the past but this year was bad looked like a circus they had know clue bottom line is Anderson caused some wrecks that could have been avoided