Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Survival
3/7/15, 5:56 PM   #1
Survival
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

I for one,
look forward to some different, some new, some old winners around the Midwest tracks,
while others go wing racing.
This will survive by getting back to grass roots. Local owners/drivers get your neighbors to bring the kids out and cheer you on.
Meet n Greets & Autograph sessions are things to give the kids hero's and us those connections to the sport & to get the butts in the seats. And before you say it, (this can be done and should be) while there's still action on the track.
Today's low tolerance for downtime begs for it.
Lets all put the first foot forward in a positive tone, as 2015 is just about to crank up.
So the silver lining is now the local garage teams have a higher % chance of winning
with brains and courage, not $$$.
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

3/7/15, 10:19 PM   #2
Slidejob

I agree. I think before the races, especially at paragon, drivers should partisipate in a parade through town. 20 plus sprintcars idiling through town would be awesome!!

1 member likes this post: Indy1808
3/7/15, 11:17 PM   #3
cleatziff

I think it would be beneficial too if tracks mentioned during the night if fans are welcome to visit the pits after the race. When I was a kid visiting the pits after the races was one of the highlights of my night. Do tracks still do this? Do the cars and drivers stick around long enough after the races for fans to see them?

3 members like this post: Deansnuts, Indy1808, Wayne Davis
3/8/15, 10:47 AM   #4
Re: Survival
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidejob View Post
I agree. I think before the races, especially at paragon, drivers should partisipate in a parade through town. 20 plus sprintcars idiling through town would be awesome!!
Something like this. Selingsgrove last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKpCS8XcZzo

3/8/15, 12:03 PM   #5
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slidejob View Post
I would have thought that the Outlaws would do this out in Vegas. I know monster jam does if for their finals.

3/8/15, 2:26 PM   #6
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Something like this. Selingsgrove last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKpCS8XcZzo
Now thats what Im talking about!
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

3/9/15, 7:35 AM   #7
Unlucky#9

Absolutely, yes please. The problem is that most people anymore don't even know that there might be a race track just on the other side of town from them. Also they may not have any interest in the races, but if you present it to the children, they very well may just be able to beg their parents enough to get them to take them to the see the races. Where as if not for the parade through town that said child would never have even known about the races that were going to take place because the parents would not have willingly exposed their child to it.

1 member likes this post: WinglessLovers
3/9/15, 8:13 AM   #8
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleatziff View Post
I think it would be beneficial too if tracks mentioned during the night if fans are welcome to visit the pits after the race. When I was a kid visiting the pits after the races was one of the highlights of my night. Do tracks still do this? Do the cars and drivers stick around long enough after the races for fans to see them?
This is harder to pull off these days; with multiple classes running, a lot of the early feature cars are already loading up and heading for home long before the later classes have even staged.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

1 member likes this post: Indy1808
3/9/15, 8:16 AM   #9
SP Motorsports

But it didn't used to be that way. Before anyone says things change and get over it, maybe teams need to be asked to wait to pack up.

I know I race now because of going in the pits to see drivers and cars when I was a kid.

2 members like this post: 7xCoop, PIT CART
3/9/15, 8:34 AM   #10
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Williams Grove does a Kids Day with their Saturday Night Series every year where they open the track early and have all the cars setup in the spectator area of the infield. Race cars and drivers are all setup with things to give the kids and there are a ton of cool door prizes for the kids later in the night. It’s like a carnival with 80 plus cars, with a couple moon bounce and a giant slide, music, bike races and games all for the kids. Plus it’s only $5 for mom and dad with kids free. It’s one of the largest fan turnouts all year for the Saturday Program.

3 members like this post: 2fast4u, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Survival