Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > This was pretty awesome
10/10/14, 9:25 AM   #1
This was pretty awesome
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

I am the announcer for my local HS sporting events. It's a small rural community school just like many of yours I'm sure. Last night We were playing our biggest conference rival in girls VBALL . It was also "pink" night which made for a big crowd for our girls VBALL games (1500maybe). I asked for everyone to stand for the playing of the national anthem. The principal hit the button and NOTHING!!! 2 minutes of frustration and no sound coming out of the PA!
Someone in the crowd started singing and everyone joined in!!! Absolutely everyone was singing not that mumbling that people usually do. It was amazing!!! There was a huge cheer when I told the crowd that was one of the best anthems I had ever heard and they should b proud that they were a part of it. The entire crowd gave themselves a standing ovation . Wish u could have been there.
GOD BLESS AMERICA !

10/10/14, 9:33 AM   #2
Re: This was pretty awesome
sp33dy

A similar thing happened at one of the tracks I was at last summer, the recording would not play so the track announcer sang the National Anthem. He did a pretty good job too! I think it was at Gas City? My memory isn't too good any more. (When they show an instant replay, I can't wait to see how it ends)

10/10/14, 10:09 AM   #3
sprntr

I think we should always sing along. I'm tired of being TORTURED in silence by someone else's Vocal Stylings!

steiny

2 members like this post: turn4
10/10/14, 11:21 AM   #4
DAD

I like the Anthem W/O styling. A small child is Fine in my books, I can put up with a struggling adult, I guess I would love the crowd doing it, but when they try to put themselves into it and make it something it was never intended to be I "Cringe".

To be honest I would like us to bring the "Pledge of Allegiance" back into popularity.

Honest Dad himself

4 members like this post: bn kleen, Flatrightrear, Joey Woods, PJ Wright
10/10/14, 11:25 AM   #5
dirt in ur beer
Banned

Race Count This Year: 41
Race Count Last Year: 28

I think that's why it was so cool , because it was completely impromptu .

10/10/14, 12:37 PM   #6
retired14

I'm an old vet from the 60's, and when they bring out some girl in high heels and tight jeans to yodel and choreograph the National Anthem, it makes me sick. Play a tape of the Marine band doing it, or someone who knows how to sing it, for goodness sake. Invite the whole crowd to sing it. Anything besides the way 99% of them do it. Oh well.

4 members like this post: DAD, davidm, Joey Woods, turn4
10/10/14, 12:52 PM   #7
DAD

It seems like if we look just a little we can always find more to agree on than disagree on.

Thank God most of us on IOW ( I know a few of us don't ) live in a country that allows us to agree and disagree with one another in Harmony.

Wish I could say the same about for some of the people when they are singing our National Anthem. (Harmony that is)

Honest Dad himself

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > This was pretty awesome