IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Sprint Car Classifieds > New driver to Dirt, Looking for Start-up Team
10/6/14, 10:32 AM   #1
New driver to Dirt, Looking for Start-up Team
TJThom24

Race Count Last Year: 31

Good morning everyone,

My name is TJ Thompson. I'm an 18 year old college student and racecar driver, currently attending the University of Northwestern Ohio where I will study racing and mechanics through the High Performance/Motorsports program. I have been racing cars since the age of seven, starting in go-karts then making the jump to Legends cars in 2013, all on asphalt. This past season, I picked up a win, 11 Top 3 finishes, and 18 Top 5 finishes in 26 starts at the Waterford Speedbowl, Seekonk Speedway, and Bethel Motor Speedway. I also made my first 5 starts on dirt in a DMA dirt Midget, where, despite constant engine problems, I brought home two 14th place finishes at Bear Ridge Speedway and a 7th place finish at Legion Speedway. By the end of the season, I felt very comfortable in the car, despite still drawing on some bad habits from asphalt racing. In my final event, I was running in 6th position at Bear Ridge before a fuel pump problem put me off the track with three laps to go.

Now looking forward to 2015, I find myself 12 hours from home living on campus at UNOH, and putting together my own dirt racing program doesn't seem feasible. So, I've come to the task of finding someone who wants to take a risk on a little known asphalt kid from CT.

I do have a vehicle here at school and I am up for traveling, obviously within reason. I have my own suit, helmet, and all the other safety equipment including a HANS device. I can bring my own seat. I am willing to search for and bring sponsorship should it be necessary. I also plan on teaming up with a friend back home and entering the Champion Spark Plugs "Search for a Champion" $50k contest.

Please feel free to contact me by email at thompsonracing24@gmail.com, or by phone at 860-885-9320. If you call please leave a message if I don't answer, my phone if off during class. I'm free to meet with you most Fridays-Sundays.

Thank you for your consideration,
TJ

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Sprint Car Classifieds > New driver to Dirt, Looking for Start-up Team