IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Allen Rupenthaw Border Showdown MALS/MMSA double header week
9/27/14, 11:52 AM   #1
Allen Ruppenthal Border Showdown MALS/MMSA double header..
Quantrill

Next races for Mid-America Lightning Sprints presented by Jayhawk Millwright and Midwest mini sprint association is a special DOUBLE header weekend. Night one will be at Chandler Motor Speedway in Chandler Indiana on Oct 10th then concluding the weekend with the very special Allen Ruppenthal memorial Border Showdown race at Historic Tri-State speedway in Haubstadt Indiana on Oct. 11th for $650 to win!
Last edited by Quantrill; 9/30/14 at 7:33 AM.

9/28/14, 8:17 AM   #2
Re: Allen Rupenthaw Border Showdown MALS/MMSA double header
racechevy

Spelled Allen's Name wrong ! its Ruppenthal.

2 members like this post: DAD, Kellen Conover
9/28/14, 9:01 AM   #3
DAD

Bet Allen is chuckling right now!!!>>> It's called "Finger Float".

The weather was "HOT" and that track was "FAST">

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 9/28/14 at 9:35 AM.

1 member likes this post: Bill May
9/28/14, 4:46 PM   #4
Quantrill

Corrected, sorry about that. I think my proof readers eyes where still a little foggy from the bubbly of spraying champagne from winning Bloomington the night before.....

9/29/14, 5:32 PM   #5
Quantrill

Chris Baumeyer and Crate Motorsports is donating a $25 dollar gift card and a 24" nose wing as prizes for the October 11th race at Haubstadt. These prizes will be awarded after the feature. Full details will be put out at the race but it will be a random draw. The only requirement will be that you must take the green flag for the feature.

Friday October 10th is at Chandler. Remember racing starts at 7pm central time. This is 8pm eastern time so hopefully we can get a great turn out for the last two races of this season

1 member likes this post: Avon Open Wheel fan
9/29/14, 9:30 PM   #6
treecitytornado

I miss Allen!! Our first and only Mini-Sprint that I ran in 96' and 97' was an ERC!! I won 4, A-Mains and had many Heat Race Wins, Top 5s and Top 10s in those 2 seasons!! Thanks for the great memories and advice, Allen!!

1 member likes this post: DAD
9/30/14, 7:32 AM   #7
Re: Allen Rupenthal Border Showdown MALS/MMSA double header
Quantrill

I unfortunately never had the pleasure of meeting Allen. Everything I have ever heard was he was a great guy whose passion for Lightning Sprints blazed a path for what we have now

MALS/MMSA have add a $50 gift card from Speedway Motors for a hard luck award for the Allen Ruppenthal memorial race. This award will be given to someone who we feel worked there ass's off to race but just had a bad night!

9/30/14, 9:12 AM   #8
Kellen Conover

Allen was such a great guy, and helped so many drivers along the way simply because he enjoyed it. Glad to see this memorial race in his honor at one of his favorite tracks.

2 members like this post: Bill May, DAD
9/30/14, 10:44 AM   #9
DAD

MMSA was conceived several years ago at about this time of the year. In fact I think it would be the Funfest at Lawrenceburg that Allen Ruppenthal and Bill May introduced MMSA to the racers. The object of the series was to get better purses and race tracks for the competitors, and it has seems to have worked out pretty good.

The hot topic today is 305 sprint cars, and its kinda of funny but Allen and I talked about this subject even before the MMSA was formed and he said that they would be the next thing on the horizon, he had attended some races and said they would be hot.

Allen was pretty good at reading trends in racing and now it's time to see if he was right on this one also.

Honest Dad himself

10/2/14, 9:56 AM   #10
openwheel44

Remember.............Being a MALS co-sanctioned race, the usual "mileage" pay applies. You travel at least 250 miles one one way according to Google Earth, register before Oct.8th with either Mark or Andy, make the A feature at Haubstadt.....you get $50. You get $100 if you have to drive at least 500 miles one way and have done the above. Remember......register because it hinges off the idea you have to make the A....not just the first 5 registered.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Allen Rupenthaw Border Showdown MALS/MMSA double header week