IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Butler - THIS I have to SEE
8/15/14, 9:31 AM   #1
Butler - THIS I have to SEE
Stevensville Mike

I was looking at the weekend format for Butler Speedway - tonight and tomorrow night. They are having a two day affair with the All Star Sprints on tap both nights.

For tonight, the All Stars will have their show, but for the rest, they are going to lock in the Top 12 in the weekly classes and only have last chance races to fill the field. Here is a condensed posting from the track website:

"The top 12 Butler points cars will be locked into the feature for the Mods, Sportsman and Street stocks, then the rest will be put into last chance races to fill the field up. Once the A main field is set, EVERYONE will redraw for the starting positions in the A main. The goal is to be done racing by 10 pm to get everyone a chance to enjoy the live band and pig roast for those attending the races."

What caught my eye was "racing done by 10 pm". 10:00 p.m.? Butler? THIS I have to SEE! This is place notorious over the years for running well into the morning. I've left there at 2:00 a.m. before and they STILL had an undercard feature to run.

I think I can safely say the only times I got out of Butler before the stroke of midnight was when it rained.

To be continued.....

3 members like this post: Can26, team3521, VSneader2
8/15/14, 2:34 PM   #2
PIT CART

I went last sat as I do go once a year,30 miles from home. That place could be a gold mine really, good car counts and overall nice layout. I know what you are saying about the late nights way to many cautions!!! Does anybody know the condition of the fan that was hurt?

8/15/14, 4:14 PM   #3
Re: Butler - THIS I have to SEE
mayor31

I went there about 17 years ago. Do they still have a tree shand outside of turn 2 people sit in?

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
8/15/14, 4:38 PM   #4
PIT CART

Yes they do and the house across the street has a yard full of people watching.

2 members like this post: fish, jim goerge
8/16/14, 1:43 AM   #5
koolaid89

#OnlyAtButler...

8/16/14, 8:03 AM   #6
Can26

Well, Are you home yet? LOL

8/16/14, 9:52 AM   #7
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can26 View Post
Well, Are you home yet? LOL
To the track's credit, the sprint feature was over at about 10:35 p.m. The street stock feature then commenced and ended around 10:55 p.m.-ish. There was no one offering free ham or pork from any pig roast, so I am assuming it never happened or they hadn't put it on the rotisserie yet.

19 cars.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, Geoff Kaiser
8/16/14, 3:07 PM   #8
jayrok

A few weeks ago I pulled out of there @ 2:18am after loading up , getting paid , chatting for a minute ... LONG DAY !

8/16/14, 4:34 PM   #9
Duane Hancock

The hog roast happened, there was a nice crowd that stayed after. Band played until 2, food was passed out about 30 mins into the band playing

2 members like this post: fish, Geoff Kaiser
8/16/14, 5:36 PM   #10
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duane Hancock View Post
The hog roast happened, there was a nice crowd that stayed after. Band played until 2, food was passed out about 30 mins into the band playing
Well, it's good to see it went down. I left about 15 minutes after the last feature.

Can't make it tonight.

1 member likes this post: fish
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Butler - THIS I have to SEE