IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City Reschedule ?
6/12/14, 12:30 PM   #1
Gas City Reschedule ?
4th turn fan

Will Gas City rainout be rescheduled?
Sprint Week 2013 rescheduled LPS due to rain.

6/12/14, 12:38 PM   #2
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

Midget week doubtful as there is no date to reschedule too with the last race being Sunday..sprint week is different you have the Monday and Tuesday open to reschedule..

Tyler

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
6/12/14, 1:20 PM   #3
Re: Gas City Reschedule ?
EKracing

I would say this would be a missed opportunity to not reschedule. I'm also sure the guys that traveled from the West would like an extra race. You know the fans will show up. Monday sounds great to me. I would be there for sure. Racing comes first, work comes second. Always!

6/12/14, 1:36 PM   #4
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by EKracing View Post
I would say this would be a missed opportunity to not reschedule. I'm also sure the guys that traveled from the West would like an extra race. You know the fans will show up. Monday sounds great to me. I would be there for sure. Racing comes first, work comes second. Always!
I would highly doubt they would even consider talking about this much less scheduling it. It has loser written all over it. You might consider racing first and work second but I doubt you would have very many others that would think that way.

The chance came to race and it didn't happen. Let it go and move on. Nothing would be gained by attempting this other than a promoter losing his .

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

6/12/14, 1:52 PM   #5
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

If anyone gets the chronicle tribune from Marion there is an article in there about gas city's midget week show being rained out..I won't go into what it says.. But there is no way to make it up..with sprint week you have the 2 weekend deal with Mon and Tues off days.. I don't think USAC wants to extend the days out for midget week.. Its a shame gas city has always produced great racing for midget week..it is what it is though..

Ty

3 members like this post: jim goerge, Mud Packer, Pat O'Connor Fan
6/12/14, 1:57 PM   #6
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
I would highly doubt they would even consider talking about this much less scheduling it. It has loser written all over it. You might consider racing first and work second but I doubt you would have very many others that would think that way.

The chance came to race and it didn't happen. Let it go and move on. Nothing would be gained by attempting this other than a promoter losing his .
The voice of reason, I would have to agree.

Jerry

1 member likes this post: Pat O'Connor Fan
6/12/14, 3:13 PM   #7
cleatziff

After Kokomo let's all pack up and head to gas city. As soon as everyone is there they can start the race. Be done by sunrise then we can all head to work.

1 member likes this post: monkeyboy
6/12/14, 3:42 PM   #8
EKracing

Maybe we can all meet at the Half Moon restaurant before we head to the race Monday.

6/12/14, 3:54 PM   #9
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Maybe we could dream up about 40g to prep, staff and purse to give to Mel and he'd hold it.

Until then, the chances are slim and none.

2 members like this post: PIT CART, PJ Wright
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City Reschedule ?