IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MTQRL License & Registration Fees Explained
5/4/14, 9:34 PM   #1
MTQRL License & Registration Fees Explained
Sandy Lowe

MTQRL License & Registration Fees Explained

2014 MTQRL License & Registration Fees:
$50 Car Registration Fee
$50 Driver License Fee
$50 Supplemental Insurance
To compete in an MTQRL sanctioned event all cars and drivers must be properly licensed and pay the appropriate license and registration fees. In addition to the driver license fees, all drivers are also required to purchase the MTQRL supplemental insurance policy unless proof of existing coverage is provided.

The MTQRL supplemental insurance policy offers $100,000 ($50,000 plus a $50,000 deductible) in excess medical coverage at all MTQRL sanctioned events. This policy will not take effect until three business days after the supplemental insurance fee is received by the MTQRL.

Any drivers that wish to have the MTQRL supplemental insurance coverage in place for the May 9th and 10th opening weekend races at Gas City and Montpelier must pay their supplemental premium in advance.

If a driver carries STIDA (Short Track Independent Drivers and Associates) insurance, and can provide proof thereof, the MTQRL will waive the supplemental insurance fee. The benefit of a STIDA policy is that it offers coverage at any track, with any sanction group, and in any vehicle that offers roll over protection and seatbelts. For more information visit www.stida.com or call (800) 378-4608.

In addition, if a driver will only be competing with the MTQRL for a single race, or race weekend, an insurance waiver may be signed declining coverage and waiving the $50 supplemental insurance fee.

For more information on the MTQRL please visit our website www.mtqrl.com, or like us on Facebook at “Midwest TQ Racing League.”

www.mtqrl.com

Like us on Facebook
"Midwest TQ Racing League"

5/4/14, 9:42 PM   #2
Re: MTQRL License & Registration Fees Explained
Jrp4554

So if I have two different drivers i'm looking at having to pay $250 just to register?

5/4/14, 9:46 PM   #3
Sandy Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrp4554 View Post
So if I have two different drivers i'm looking at having to pay $250 just to register?
If both of your drivers have their own supplemental insurance policy the fee for one car and two drivers would be $150:
$50 car registration
$50 driver license (driver 1)
$50 driver license (driver 2)

5/4/14, 9:48 PM   #4
Jrp4554

They don't. Too rich for my blood. Looks like we'll stay parked.
Last edited by Jrp4554; 5/4/14 at 9:51 PM.

5/4/14, 9:59 PM   #5
TqMidget41&84

its cheaper than paying an entry fee at every race if you run a full season.

5/5/14, 12:16 AM   #6
OpenwheelRob

Is the "Driver license" new? Just curious. I don't think I've ever recieved a MTQRL License in past years.

5/5/14, 6:50 AM   #7
Sandy Lowe

No, drivers have always been required to pay a drivers license fee to compete with the MTQRL.

5/5/14, 8:33 AM   #8
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

I feel a lot of cars stay parked due to these fees being so high at one payment. Its easier to pay 10 or so.a night and pay more in the long run then forking out $150,at once. And what if a guy only wants to race one or two races. Why can't he pay a smaller fee. I'll run a lot of races for mtqrl so I'm not worrierd about the,$150. But what about the guys who don't run a lot. They stay parked.. I don't know about some of you. But I want to race against the 50 cars a night rather then 20.

1 member likes this post: cwfan08
5/5/14, 9:22 AM   #9
DAD

To find a 50 car field today in open wheel racing would be a very hard task. The economy as well as very high travel expenses have forced many racers into sitting in front of a TV and watching commercials in order even to watch any kind of race.

Look up in the grand stands next time you go to a race, the promoters are having a harder and harder time of filling their seats, not because they are doing anything wrong but because of the fact that people just can't find enough money to pay for gas to get to the track to watch a race.

It cost money to run a sanctioning body. You can call it a drivers license, a car registration or what ever. From being in business I have always looked at pricing my work much like selecting the proper gear ratio at the race track. You can price real cheap and get a lot of work in the door at a very low profit and hope to make up the difference in volume at the expense of your workers and equipment>>or you can price high cutting down a lot of your work and sending it to your competition, saving your workers and your equipment and hope to make up your profit with the higher margin of profit. The secret is to hit the happy medium for the best results and return on your investment.

The fee's seem a little high to me but the management should know what it takes to keep them afloat. I guess it all depends on what service you receive for your investment. If it does not equal out for the majority of racers there is always someone with a better Idea looking out to take over their place.

Competition is what makes it all work. I love Competition it makes us all better.

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: Mud Packer
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MTQRL License & Registration Fees Explained