IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Danny Williams Sr. (Offline)
  #1 2/14/14 8:25 AM
Simona De Silvestro will be a test driver for Sauber F1 team in 2014 and then take over a seat as a primary driver for Sauber in 2015.

This just shows the depth of talent in Indycar. In the past it was always older retired F1 drivers coming to Indycar and now we have a young and talented Indycar driver being sought after for a F1 drive.

I know most of you do not give a flying frig about Indycar, so let the flaming arrows start to fly!
9 Likes: BrentTFunk, cwfan08, Danny Burton, dirtnonwingfan, nathans1012, OTSNWR, ronmil, Task Force, throb
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #2 2/14/14 8:34 AM
First arrow, there's a big difference between a person who drives race cars and a race car driver.
5 Likes: DAD, kart31rac, PAW, Racer1039, speidel21
PAW (Offline)
  #3 2/14/14 8:38 AM
She's done nothing in Indy cars will do less in F1....

:99:: Wings Don't Move Air THEY SUCK
Gregg (Offline)
  #4 2/14/14 8:44 AM
It may show once again that IndyCar is a ladder series for GTP NASCAR and a F1 test drive. F1, here is your Danica.
Indy (Offline)
  #5 2/14/14 9:16 AM
It's just like the CART days when the series was a farm system for F1.
DAD (Offline)
  #6 2/14/14 9:21 AM
Originally Posted by Danny Williams Sr.:
Simona De Silvestro will be a test driver for Sauber F1 team in 2014 and then take over a seat as a primary driver for Sauber in 2015.

This just shows the depth of talent in Indycar. In the past it was always older retired F1 drivers coming to Indycar and now we have a young and talented Indycar driver being sought after for a F1 drive.

I know most of you do not give a flying frig about Indycar, so let the flaming arrows start to fly!
Danny

Is she? from Lawrenceburg? Don't remember seeing her racing around here. Who does her PR work? What does her Daddy do? I'm drawing a blank need more background like a resume or something. Do they still consider Indy Cars Open-wheel? Do Indy car fans have a very good board to discuss stuff like this on?

I understand that Sprint Car drivers (Mario Andretti) make great F-1 drivers, can a F-1 driver become a great sprint car driver?

Honest Dad himself
REH24 (Offline)
  #7 2/14/14 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by racephoto1:
First arrow, there's a big difference between a person who drives race cars and a race car driver.
Hmmm, I think I just read an article pertaining to NASCAR that same quote from the best all time stock car driver pertaining to a former Indy car driver.

REH

"Don't let your life determine your attitude, let your attitude determine your life"

“Sight has to do with what we can see, but vision has to do with what we can be.”
throb (Offline)
  #8 2/14/14 2:45 PM
ive said it a thousand times....a female racer with actual talent! refreshing!

Rob Botts
6 Likes: jjones752, Jonr, mscs20, nathans1012, OTSNWR, Task Force
welder (Offline)
  #9 2/14/14 8:00 PM
Originally Posted by racephoto1:
I don't think you can even drive a nail in a board. That's why you're in the infield, lol.
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #10 2/14/14 8:48 PM
Well, here are three at DuQuoin last September,

Taylor Ferns

IMG_5950 copy par Chris Pedersen, on ipernity

Miranda Throckmorton

IMG_5821 copy par Chris Pedersen, on ipernity

Tiffany Wyzard

IMG_5840 copy par Chris Pedersen, on ipernity

No, they're not formula one drivers, these are race car drivers.
7 Likes: FishBurger, Gregg, Kansasdirtfan, mtek56, OTSNWR, racing2bwithu2, welder