racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Thank you!!!

1 member likes this post: cowboyhar69
1/9/14, 9:49 PM   #3
Re: 2014 Kokomo Schedule
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Thanks Tim. I really appreciate everything you do for all of us on here!

3 members like this post: interpreter66, racegal, speed bump
1/9/14, 10:18 PM   #4
Jrp4554

No Tq midgets?

1/10/14, 12:50 AM   #5
cowboyhar69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrp4554 View Post
No Tq midgets?
Maybe they will add them to the schedule

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

1/10/14, 12:56 AM   #6
cowboyhar69

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan View Post
Thanks Tim. I really appreciate everything you do for all of us on here!
Frank...I had just seen Kokomo post the schedule on Facebook and knew there are a lot of people on here who don't use Facebook. What I do on here is really nothing...Bill is the one who should get the thanks for having this great site!!

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

1/10/14, 12:05 PM   #7
cjaxx1987

Race Count This Year: 29
Race Count Last Year: Lost Count!

They must really dislike modifieds...

1 member likes this post: Hotshoe65s
1/10/14, 1:43 PM   #8
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjaxx1987 View Post
They must really dislike modifieds...
I'm not sure that they dislike modifieds but when they have run them at Kokomo the field of cars has been rather small. Since it is a Sunday night track, maybe difficult to draw a larger car count since so many tracks run modifieds on Friday and Saturday night. Three nights per weekend may not work for the modifieds.

I personally am glad that they run only three classes regularly. Being a Sunday night track, I prefer to get out of there at a reasonable hour and any more classes would only draw out the program. If they ran modifieds weekly, then I would hope they would eliminate one of the other classes.

Does having a wall all the way around the track hurt car count as well? I don't know but other tracks that run modifieds in Indiana; Bloomington, Gas City, Montpelier, Lincoln Park and Brownstown have run off areas that help eliminate car damage. That might also be a factor.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1/10/14, 4:40 PM   #9
cjaxx1987

Race Count This Year: 29
Race Count Last Year: Lost Count!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
I'm not sure that they dislike modifieds but when they have run them at Kokomo the field of cars has been rather small. Since it is a Sunday night track, maybe difficult to draw a larger car count since so many tracks run modifieds on Friday and Saturday night. Three nights per weekend may not work for the modifieds.

I personally am glad that they run only three classes regularly. Being a Sunday night track, I prefer to get out of there at a reasonable hour and any more classes would only draw out the program. If they ran modifieds weekly, then I would hope they would eliminate one of the other classes.

Does having a wall all the way around the track hurt car count as well? I don't know but other tracks that run modifieds in Indiana; Bloomington, Gas City, Montpelier, Lincoln Park and Brownstown have run off areas that help eliminate car damage. That might also be a factor.
Well sprint cars run Friday and Saturday as well so that's not it, and If they ran on a consistent basis I bet they'd get a nice car count, People wanna race!!! Ever seen how many mods show up there for the Klash or Weekends other tracks are off or rained out? Just wondering why every year there is only 3 races for mods...

1/10/14, 11:09 PM   #10
19racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjaxx1987 View Post
Well sprint cars run Friday and Saturday as well so that's not it, and If they ran on a consistent basis I bet they'd get a nice car count, People wanna race!!! Ever seen how many mods show up there for the Klash or Weekends other tracks are off or rained out? Just wondering why every year there is only 3 races for mods...
There are 4 races for the mods. They are Memorial Day weekend, July 4th weekend, Labor Day weekend and the klash . From my understanding mods raced there on a weekly basis before and car counts dropped off. The car counts are up on the dates they are there cause most people are off the next day. There's no way we could have 50 mods every sun and be done by 10-1030 latest

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, fish, mowerman, Mud Packer, SlingShock, spicoli
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2014 Kokomo Schedule