Kyle Larson's new team
cowboyhar69

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...tlaws/3483839/

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

5 members like this post: crow, dirt330, dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, scooter99
11/12/13, 11:07 PM   #2
Re: Kyle Larson's new team
Blackduce

What a class kid. Giving back to this sport at his young age. Hope the older drivers who have made it will learn from him. Kyle is the real deal for the dirt racer and fans.

Lynn

5 members like this post: dirt330, jim goerge, Lewis1585, luckybuc97, SOROKACH35FAN
11/12/13, 11:33 PM   #3
oppweld

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 25

Its a great deal for a much deserving guy like Shane Stewart, but I wish it was a USAC deal instead.

3 members like this post: koolaid89, Seadog, SOROKACH35FAN
11/13/13, 1:10 AM   #4
Flatrightrear

Stewart has pretty well always been a wing guy as far as I know so it makes sense from that perspective. Also, if Kyle wants to run a sprinter sometimes I bet Ganassi won't let him drive without a wing. Obviously, with Tony's wreck a driver can always get hurt but non-wing racing is probably a no-no.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
11/13/13, 1:30 AM   #5
wing410fan

Race Count This Year: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppweld View Post
Its a great deal for a much deserving guy like Shane Stewart, but I wish it was a USAC deal instead.
I would love to see kyle have a silver crown team as well as a world of outlaw deal.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
11/13/13, 10:33 AM   #6
VSneader2

Race Count This Year: 2
Race Count Last Year: 11

Well lets see WoO just payed out $15,000 for 12th in points. What does USAC pay (guessing now where close to that)? As much as I love non-wing when it comes to possibly breaking even on the season wing racing is the way to go. the Outlaws never race for less then $5000 to win with the majority of their races paying $10,000. not to mention just to make the A its like taking 2nd or 3rd at a weekly non-wing show.

2 members like this post: 767, jim goerge
11/13/13, 10:52 AM   #7
ossuks

I could be wrong, but I think the minimum purse for an WOO event is $10,000 to win and $800 to start! With several that pay $25,000 to win (and even a few $50,000 here and there). My guess is the USAC championship pays less to win then several of the WOO single races (seems like one of the drivers recently posted that the usac driver and owner each got $10,000 which = a mid week WOO event winners purse). WOO have a few TV shows which brings in bigger sponsors, the WOO are always playing in front of a full house!! Is the racing better? IMO no, but WOO markets its brand much better than their competition.

5 members like this post: 767, bighd0522, dirt330, jim goerge, VSneader2
11/13/13, 12:58 PM   #8
Rpracing1

Cool..........Shane Stewart has always kind of done a true outlaw type deal and he car run the wheels off of a car. Excellent driver choice!

11/13/13, 1:07 PM   #9
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Larson would not be in NASCAR without USAC. The owners don't look at wing guys. The real money to be won in USAC is the potential NASCAR contract. Also wish he would field a Silver Crown and hire me!

2 members like this post: John P Huss, oppweld
11/13/13, 1:50 PM   #10
Thyfault925

c
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrowbackRacingTeam View Post
Larson would not be in NASCAR without USAC. The owners don't look at wing guys. The real money to be won in USAC is the potential NASCAR contract. Also wish he would field a Silver Crown and hire me!
As a driver, the opportunities might be better through USAC, but as an owner it's a no brainer. Why do you think Stewart and Kahne have hardly any presence in USAC anymore (Yes, Stewart has strong sprint car and Silver Crown teams, but it's a far cry from what he used to have in USAC) , yet have 3-4 car stables in the WoO? Money, sponsorship, and exposure just isn't there in USAC like it is winged racing.

1 member likes this post: Midget4
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Larson's new team