IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gold Crown Question
9/16/13, 7:39 PM   #1
Gold Crown Question
EldoraMark

Does anyone know if they have Sunday as a rain date in case needed. I have someone that might be going with me and wanted to let him know.
I look on Granite city site and and did not see anything other than they are not running sprints this year which is a let down.

1 member likes this post: wolfpack58
9/16/13, 7:53 PM   #2
Re: Gold Crown Question
stealth43k

i believe sunday is a raindate for sat.

9/16/13, 8:00 PM   #3
mr nobody
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldoraMark View Post
Does anyone know if they have Sunday as a rain date in case needed. I have someone that might be going with me and wanted to let him know.
I look on Granite city site and and did not see anything other than they are not running sprints this year which is a let down.

October 4th is a MOWA race at the Gold Crown. That should be a really good race and hopefully no repeat of the events of July 25th there.

9/16/13, 9:07 PM   #4
PPM Racing

Based on our MOWA experience an Spoon River, get your wallet out at the gate!!!! $35.00 pit passes,$200 to start, and no tow money if you have issues!

9/17/13, 8:11 AM   #5
racenut69

Flyer says 410 Non-Wing Sprints on Friday!

1 member likes this post: billwill7
9/17/13, 11:21 AM   #6
addictedtodirt

The 2013 schedule has MOWA 410s (winged) as the support class for Friday, and Outlaw Micros on Saturday. No mention of support class on Thurs. I believe the flyer 69 saw was for last year. Each year seems to be a different support and I see where some (not me!) would say why come all 3 nights when its the same show. Midgets are the star attraction for this event anyhow.

As for the rain date question, I recall that they did not make up Friday's show last year, but planned to run Saturday's show on Sunday had they not ran. But they did run on Saturday and it was the only time I ever heard an announcer say you bring in a portable heater if you wanted. I grabbed the Mr. Buddy heater and headed for the stands Saturday night. The lucky guy in front of us got the bulk of the heat and never moved all night! A hell of a good time in spite of the 38 degree weather.

I'll be there again and hope the weather is as beautiful as it was in 2011 when Levi won.

1 member likes this post: billwill7
9/17/13, 5:17 PM   #7
kdobson

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPM Racing View Post
Based on our MOWA experience an Spoon River, get your wallet out at the gate!!!! $35.00 pit passes,$200 to start, and no tow money if you have issues!
I'm sorry your experience in racing with MOWA wasn't positive. As a racing series, we have little to no control over the price of a pit pass charged by the track. Our members get a discount on a pit pass with membership costing as little as $75 per year. Our minimum purse has been consistent at $2000 to win, $200 to start and shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone. It is basically the same as the POWRi midget series we were racing with last weekend.

As for tow money, all entered drivers that did not make the feature left with $100 tow money whether they broke prior to a heat race or not.

There are MOWA shows where our purse is better, such as two weeks ago at 34 Raceway in Burlington where the pay was $4,000 to win on Friday and $5,000 to win on Saturday. Likewise, Saturday October 12th we will have a $4,000 to win show at Jacksonville for our Shaheen's Blast From The Past. When a track in rural Illinois (such as our track at Jacksonville, or the one at Spoon River) combines POWRi and MOWA on the same card with a limited number of seats, the purse for either class isn't going to be huge. But it is a great show for the fans. At Spoon River, I assume in doing their math to cover the cost of the show they decided that they needed to charge a little more in the pits.

4 members like this post: fish, mowerman, mr nobody, rchick
9/17/13, 6:58 PM   #8
dmyers25m

sent Facebook message to tri-city speedway to see if they are running non-wing sprints any days of the gold crown and they basically copy and paste with they have on there website....midgets on Thursday, MOWA wing sprints and midgets on Friday, and Powri micro and midgets on Saturday

9/17/13, 8:40 PM   #9
PPM Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdobson View Post
I'm sorry your experience in racing with MOWA wasn't positive. As a racing series, we have little to no control over the price of a pit pass charged by the track. Our members get a discount on a pit pass with membership costing as little as $75 per year. Our minimum purse has been consistent at $2000 to win, $200 to start and shouldn't have been a surprise to anyone. It is basically the same as the POWRi midget series we were racing with last weekend.

As for tow money, all entered drivers that did not make the feature left with $100 tow money whether they broke prior to a heat race or not.

There are MOWA shows where our purse is better, such as two weeks ago at 34 Raceway in Burlington where the pay was $4,000 to win on Friday and $5,000 to win on Saturday. Likewise, Saturday October 12th we will have a $4,000 to win show at Jacksonville for our Shaheen's Blast From The Past. When a track in rural Illinois (such as our track at Jacksonville, or the one at Spoon River) combines POWRi and MOWA on the same card with a limited number of seats, the purse for either class isn't going to be huge. But it is a great show for the fans. At Spoon River, I assume in doing their math to cover the cost of the show they decided that they needed to charge a little more in the pits.
As far as the tow money goes, I heard the 71 team being refused their tow money. Maybe something changed, but I am sure that was the initial response.

9/17/13, 8:59 PM   #10
Andrew S. Quinn

I thought the question was about the Gold Crown,and if they had a raindate,not b1tching about Spoon River's Pit pass price and tow money........
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 9/17/13 at 9:01 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gold Crown Question