IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Half Moon Restaurant & Brewery
7/25/13, 7:50 PM   #1
Half Moon Restaurant & Brewery
Jerry Shaw

I've heard Jerry Spencer talking this place up, it is a business that sponsors a race team and I was in Kokomo on business today, so I decided to stop in and give this place a try.

It's a sports bar, so the first thing you notice when you walk into this place is that there are tvs everywhere. No matter where they sit you, you'll be able to see several of them. But, a quick look of the menu showed that this place doesn't just have your standard sports bar fare. They have several different types of steaks, barbeque (ribs, brisket, chicken, pulled pork), seafood, pasta, sandwiches, you name it.

I chose the Delmonico steak, with cole slaw and cooked apples. The steak came a perfect medium well, just like I ordered and was seasoned very well. It came with au jus and horseradish sauce, similar to the way prime rib is often served. The horseradish sauce looked and tasted homemade. The slaw was obviously fresh and made with a very good dressing. And the cooked apples weren't overcooked and were sprinkled with cinnamon. Every part of the meal was really good.

With my work, I get to travel around and my employer reimburses me for all my meals, so I eat out enough that it's not all that often that I'm impressed with a restaurant. This place did. Whoever is in charge of the cooking at this place knows what the heck they're doing.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 7/25/13 at 7:53 PM.

7/25/13, 8:21 PM   #2
Re: Half Moon Restaurant & Brewery
Danny Burton

^^^Quite true. My experience there during Sprint Week was a treat.

If you stop in there, say hi to the main man Chris and tell him that Jerry Spencer sent you.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Jerry Spencer, Josh Spencer, speed bump
7/25/13, 10:58 PM   #3
rclaridge

Posted via Mobile Devicewe are planning eating there when we come up for smackdown
Last edited by rclaridge; 7/25/13 at 11:00 PM.

2 members like this post: Jerry Spencer, Josh Spencer
7/26/13, 6:16 PM   #4
BigD

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 39

We also ate there during ISW and it was Great !!!

1 member likes this post: Jerry Spencer
7/27/13, 8:48 AM   #5
racen857

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 20

Yes My wife and I were there during ISW also, for the first time. The half moon burger is great and also huge. Will most certainly go back if in the area again.

2 members like this post: Jerry Spencer, speed bump
7/27/13, 9:27 AM   #6
Tim Watson

Might have to check the place out during Smackdown.

2 members like this post: Jerry Spencer, speed bump
7/27/13, 5:39 PM   #7
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
I've heard Jerry Spencer talking this place up, it is a business that sponsors a race team and I was in Kokomo on business today, so I decided to stop in and give this place a try.

It's a sports bar, so the first thing you notice when you walk into this place is that there are tvs everywhere. No matter where they sit you, you'll be able to see several of them. But, a quick look of the menu showed that this place doesn't just have your standard sports bar fare. They have several different types of steaks, barbeque (ribs, brisket, chicken, pulled pork), seafood, pasta, sandwiches, you name it.

I chose the Delmonico steak, with cole slaw and cooked apples. The steak came a perfect medium well, just like I ordered and was seasoned very well. It came with au jus and horseradish sauce, similar to the way prime rib is often served. The horseradish sauce looked and tasted homemade. The slaw was obviously fresh and made with a very good dressing. And the cooked apples weren't overcooked and were sprinkled with cinnamon. Every part of the meal was really good.

With my work, I get to travel around and my employer reimburses me for all my meals, so I eat out enough that it's not all that often that I'm impressed with a restaurant. This place did. Whoever is in charge of the cooking at this place knows what the heck they're doing.

Jerry
Jerry and everybody that has had such nice things to say, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

The food is great and Chris is just amazed at how loyal sprint car fans are, we are having some problems and can not seem to get the car to run, Chris and HalfMoon are right next to us and they are not giving up,
as a matter of fact we are going to get this car running even if we have to go in another direction to make it happen.

Enjoy the weekend and be safe, again thank you for stopping to eat at HalfMoon and thank you for supporting my best friend in the world.

Hope we see you before the season is over if not we will be ready come spring.

Jerry #66j
stida.com/HalfMoon/Colescotts Mobil-1/Bruce & Sandy Dalton
Last edited by Jerry Spencer; 7/27/13 at 5:41 PM.

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, speed bump
7/27/13, 5:43 PM   #8
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Spencer View Post
Jerry and everybody that has had such nice things to say, THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

The food is great and Chris is just amazed at how loyal sprint car fans are, we are having some problems and can not seem to get the car to run, Chris and HalfMoon are right next to us and they are not giving up,
as a matter of fact we are going to get this car running even if we have to go in another direction to make it happen.

Enjoy the weekend and be safe, again thank you for stopping to eat at HalfMoon and thank you for supporting my best friend in the world.

Hope we see you before the season is over if not we will be ready come spring.

Jerry #66j
I'm actually at half moon right now! Supporting local business. Good place to eat

Posted via Mobile Device

7/27/13, 5:47 PM   #9
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by reeserx View Post
I'm actually at half moon right now! Supporting local business. Good place to eat

Posted via Mobile Device
So what are you enjoying tonight, if I may ask?

Make sure to thank them for supporting Spencer Racing

Jerry #66j

7/27/13, 6:44 PM   #10
wildman92

Race Count This Year: 50

We plan to stop there tomorrow on our way to the race!!! Enjoyed our first visit there a few months ago. Looking forward to trying something different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Half Moon Restaurant & Brewery