IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
koolaid89 (Offline)
  #1 7/14/13 10:57 PM
So we're finally going to take the plunge and hit either Midget Week or Sprint Week for 2014. I know there are plenty on here that have or had followed the tour, your input is appreciated!
peacedaddy101 (Offline)
  #2 7/14/13 11:01 PM
Sprint week>midget week.
open_wheel_outlaw (Offline)
  #3 7/14/13 11:30 PM
Midget Week you get midgets and sprints, but less race days (good for wallet but bad for enjoyment), I think midget week is our plan for 2014, more bang for your buck on a budget.
2 Likes: davidm, koolaid89
Tim Watson (Offline)
  #4 7/15/13 11:05 AM
My choice is Midget Week. A little less crowded and you see the same tracks with the exception of two (Terre Haute and Haubstadt). Agreed that the sprint portion isn't a USAC field but it's still a decent field of cars. The midget portion is the attraction and it makes for a great double dip. Midget week is something i can't pass up and now i have replaced my Sprintweek with Smackdown at Kokomo.
2 Likes: koolaid89, Obie
ronmil (Offline)
  #5 7/15/13 11:16 AM
I would opt for midget week, also, because the program has both midgets and sprints. Much less hectic as well.

Ron Miller
koolaid89 (Offline)
  #6 7/15/13 1:08 PM
How is the traveling circus following for Midget Week? I'd venture to guess there were 30+ motor homes @ Kokomo for Sprint Week.
VSneader2 (Offline)
  #7 7/16/13 12:00 AM
Originally Posted by koolaid89:
How is the traveling circus following for Midget Week? I'd venture to guess there were 30+ motor homes @ Kokomo for Sprint Week.
About half the size

Posted via Mobile Device
koolaid89 (Offline)
  #8 7/16/13 2:58 AM
Originally Posted by VSneader2:
About half the size

Posted via Mobile Device
Bummer...

Posted via Mobile Device
VSneader2 (Offline)
  #9 7/16/13 8:46 AM
i didnt make this years midget week as i was working but last year the crowds where good just about half the campers (for the shows i went to) but still a pretty decent amount I bet the Kokomo sprint week show had close to 50 campers there. the parking lot looked like a camp ground
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #10 7/16/13 9:57 AM
I say Sprint Week for a variety of reasons.

Some midget teams won't put there cars on the bigger tracks. Count goes from 45 at Gas City to 30 at Burg, Yet they could run 5 wide there and often do. Tri State and Terre Haute Aren't part of IMW a flippin track I'D LOVE TO SEE THEM ON along with sprints.

Midget week, Midget money. 3000 to win, Really? The cars cost just as much and are more expensive to maintain and you pay the same price to get in. Granted there are sprints on the card.

Weather. June is transitional and subject to more rain outs than mid july.

IMW does have its Highlights, Some Kiwis and Aussies ship their cars up and run and its much appreciated to see names you only read about.

But the overall Festive atmosphere, car counts and intensity of the event lies with Sprint Week!.

Charles Nungester