IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
illiniopenwheel (Offline)
  #1 6/4/13 10:18 AM
THIS SUNDAY, JUNE 9TH AT VCS: $3,000 TO WIN POWRi-LUCAS OIL NATIONAL MIDGET WEEK FINALE, $1,000 TO WIN SPEEDWAYMOTORS.COM 600cc OUTLAW MICROS!

Coming THIS Sunday, June 9th to VCS: The Powri-Lucas Oil National Midget Series "Illinois Midget Speed Week Finale!"

THE Vermilion County Speedway is getting set to host one of the biggest events in it's history when the POWRi-Lucas Oil National Midget Series arrives to do battle on Sunday evening, June 9th. Drivers from around the USA, and from as far away as England, and Australia, and New Zealand are expected to be in attendance to settle who will be the Inaugural "Illinois Midget Speed Week" Champion.

Along with the Lucas Oil Midgets, the POWRi-Speedwaymotors.com 600cc Outlaw Micro Series will be battling it out on the venerable old bull ring as well. Plus, the ultra competitive U.M.P. Modifieds will be putting it all on the line as well to see who can join Nick Allen, and Devin Gilpin as 2013 VCS Feature Winners. Also, by popular demand, the fender banging U.M.P. Stock Cars will be back in action. Who will be the next to join Jesse Simmons, and Jerrad Krick as 2013 VCS Feature Winners?

General admission for this big show is $20 for adults, Children 10 and under are FREE when accompanied by a paying adult. Pit passes are $30. The Pit Gate will open at 3PM Illinois time, and the Grandstands will open up at 4PM. Hot Laps are scheduled to begin at 6:30PM with racing to follow. For more info, please visit the VCS web site at: www.THEvermilioncountyspeedway.com
4 Likes: agar, billwill7, KENDALLRACING, ronmil
racinc1 (Offline)
  #2 6/4/13 1:33 PM
how much to get its nowhere on the website
kcarm92 (Offline)
  #3 6/4/13 2:00 PM
Other two shows they had year was $15.00 general add. $30.00 in pits.

Posted via Mobile Device
racefan20 (Offline)
  #4 6/4/13 2:37 PM
Do ya really think you need 4 classes on a sunday night when POWERi usually brings 30-40 midgets and 40-50 micros? Losing an hour going home and 4 classes makes me think twice about making the trip over.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
5 Likes: Dirtfan, ISF, JordanBlanton, luckybuc97, PAW
illiniopenwheel (Offline)
  #5 6/4/13 3:44 PM
Just spoke to VCS Promoter Bryan Clendenen, he said that the order of classes, including features, will run in this order: POWRi midgets, POWRi micros, U.M.P. Modified, U.M.P. Stock Cars. Our April 21st event had 75 sprint cars(4 classes, 120 cars total) in attendance, and yet racing was complete by 10:30PM. General admission for this Inaugural POWRi Illinois Midget Speed Week Finale is $20 with children 10 and under FREE. Every effort is made to expedite our shows, while providing an entertaining night of racing as well. Thanks!

Grady Crippin
Director of Public Relations
Vermilion County Speedway
www.THEvermilioncountyspeedway.com

Posted via Mobile Device
4 Likes: addictedtodirt, ISF, KENDALLRACING, nathans1012
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #6 6/4/13 3:46 PM
Agreed. Too many classes. They'll have plenty of midgets and micros

Posted via Mobile Device
3 Likes: ISF, luckybuc97, Toby W Hallett
ThrowbackRacingTeam (Offline)
  #7 6/4/13 3:53 PM
Most tracks run the open wheels first then everything else and by the time it's done the open wheel drivers and cars are long gone. There's never a chance for kids to meet the drivers and sit in the cars like I did when I was a kid. There's no time trials or driver intros so most of the poweri shows I've been to I don't know who's in half the cars. Just a few thoughts.

Posted via Mobile Device
racing2bwithu2 (Offline)
  #8 6/4/13 4:00 PM
Be even better since they do a 50/50, let fans in the pits for a 50/50 ticket. Then when they call for drivers meeting, we have to be out of pits. Just the way Gas City does it . Just a thought. Lloyd
SHORTBUS (Offline)
  #9 6/4/13 5:56 PM
Cry me a river you are getting old
racefan20 (Offline)
  #10 6/4/13 6:01 PM
Originally Posted by SHORTBUS:
Cry me a river you are getting old
No Bill, YOU are getting old, I just have to work the next day......do you still remember work?

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus