IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
herbie42 (Offline)
  #1 5/31/13 3:32 PM
The weather this year has been terrible we've only raced two full weekends and I just looked at the weather for the next two weeks and its the same pattern I'm over the rain already GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
#1Brad Kuhn Fan (Offline)
  #2 5/31/13 3:34 PM
Originally Posted by herbie42:
The weather this year has been terrible we've only raced two full weekends and I just looked at the weather for the next two weeks and its the same pattern I'm over the rain already GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm in the same "boat". This sucks.

Posted via Mobile Device
jim goerge (Offline)
  #3 5/31/13 3:46 PM
Originally Posted by herbie42:
Next 2 weeks! Dude this is Indiana the weather changes every 5 minutes
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #4 5/31/13 3:50 PM
23 out of 42 scheduled races have been rain outs.

Posted via Mobile Device

Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #5 5/31/13 4:00 PM
The year after Kent Evens put up all new lights (for a possible Thursday night thunder if I remember right. Never happened) I think we had 11 rainouts followed the next year by the same if not more, we have pict. at the track with water over the walls all the way around the Kokomo speedway. I tracked these storms all night and made the decision to not even load this morning, sure enough seven am and the rain came by eight am we had a half inch easy then the hard stuff started. As of 3:45 it is getting dark again with 80 % after five, Saturday is calling for some very bad weather and up to three inches of rain by Sunday morning.
We wanted to race but kinda new the weather was going to win.
With all that said losing a few races does not compare to the lose of our neighbors to the west that have lost it all, races can be made up and track owners have a tough decision to make but to us it is only a race to them it was more than most of us will ever know.

When all the weather was blowing up we all worried about the Bacons and other great people we have met along this ride, I think Brady and his family got lucky but there are so many of there neighbors that were not so lucky.

Sorry if your a racer that eats off of what you make as racing is a job to so many of you, I am also sorry for all the fans that had plans tonight but we all know we can not control the way mother nature thinks.

Be safe this weekend in whatever you do, take that extra money you have now because of the rain out and send it to the tornado victims or next weekend pay for a full time drivers pit pass. Race fans are good people and turning a rain out into something positive should be easy for you to do.

Jerry #66j
stida.com/HalfMoon/Colescotts Mobil-1
15 Likes: bighd0522, boomer, BrandonT30, Charles Nungester, IndyBound, interpreter66, jim goerge, luckybuc97, PJ Wright, Quick Change, racefan20, RacinBabe, ryan84, tntbusco
tntbusco (Offline)
  #6 5/31/13 4:09 PM
Well said Jerry (as usual)

Posted via Mobile Device
racerjim2 (Offline)
  #7 5/31/13 4:57 PM
Wait for July and August. You'll be begging for rain.
2 Likes: interpreter66, sp6967
johnnythunderhead (Offline)
  #8 5/31/13 7:20 PM
we're simply gonna have to do like the school systems do with snow days/ carry the rain dates over into the fall till they are made up

Posted via Mobile Device
6 Likes: dirt330, erich45, IndyBound, Jerry Spencer, kylezero, racephoto1
Jerry Spencer (Offline)
  #9 5/31/13 7:31 PM
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead:
we're simply gonna have to do like the school systems do with snow days/ carry the rain dates over into the fall till they are made up

Posted via Mobile Device
Be careful when you talk about the schools the dumb @##$% on the hill will get involved and screw racing up like there are trying to do to the school system. J.M.O.

Jerry #66j
sp6967 (Offline)
  #10 5/31/13 8:00 PM
its not rain, its tears from all you cry babies

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help." President Ronald Reagan