IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Great IZOD Indycar race yesterday
5/6/13, 4:02 PM   #1
Great IZOD Indycar race yesterday
Danny Williams Sr.

Yesterday's Indycar race in Brazil was by far the best race I've seen this year, either in person or on TV.

Tons of on track passes for position, the top 5 together for the last laps and a last lap, last corner pass for the win!

Sato rode his Foyt horse hard all day and ran out of tires, Hinchcliff made the move of the year getting by Sato in the last corner, Marco Andretti was coming on like gangbusters at the end, Orial Servia made a daring pass of Newgarten to take over 4th. in the last corner.

The top 5 Sato, Hinchliff, Andretti, Newgarten and Servia thundered nose to tail into the last corner and I thought this is going to be a big crash, but they all made it through. WOW what a race!

Can't wait for IMS to open Saturday May 11th. Going to be a May to remember if the results of the first 4 races are any indication of the competition we should see at Indy.

5/6/13, 4:38 PM   #2
Re: Great IZOD Indycar race yesterday
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Williams Sr. View Post
Yesterday's Indycar race in Brazil was by far the best race I've seen this year, either in person or on TV.

Tons of on track passes for position, the top 5 together for the last laps and a last lap, last corner pass for the win!

Sato rode his Foyt horse hard all day and ran out of tires, Hinchcliff made the move of the year getting by Sato in the last corner, Marco Andretti was coming on like gangbusters at the end, Orial Servia made a daring pass of Newgarten to take over 4th. in the last corner.

The top 5 Sato, Hinchliff, Andretti, Newgarten and Servia thundered nose to tail into the last corner and I thought this is going to be a big crash, but they all made it through. WOW what a race!

Can't wait for IMS to open Saturday May 11th. Going to be a May to remember if the results of the first 4 races are any indication of the competition we should see at Indy.
Danny,

I totally agree! Anyone not watching Indycar is missing some great racing!

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, mtek56, Puppy
5/6/13, 5:48 PM   #3
Buckeye_Openwheel
Inactive Member

Race Count This Year: 16
Race Count Last Year: 30

I completely agree, that race was easily the best street course race I've ever seen. The move hinchcliff put on sato at the end was a thing or beauty, and sato ran the wheels off his car. It was a race that looked like no one was racing for points just the win. If the intensity is that high for the 500 we are in for a good one. I've always been a fan of indycar and it seems every time I speak up and say they have turned the corner they do something stupid, I'm hoping this season they are finally on the right track and won't make me eat my words

pete Smith

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: dirt330, Johnhunt, mtek56
5/6/13, 5:58 PM   #4
johnnythunderhead
Banned

wut in tarnation is n IZOD???

Posted via Mobile Device

5/6/13, 6:10 PM   #5
dirt330

If that race doesn't help put more fans in the stands nothing will. Would love to see increase in fan support for quals. on both days. Hope everyone can do their best to pass on the word of what a great racing product we have here in the great state of Indiana. Nowhere in the world can anyone have as great a choice of racing that they can see within 100 miles or less of Indy , sprints, midgets, silver crown, modifieds, late models, and Indy Cars all jammed in less than a week. Have a fantastic Memorial Day Weekend. Remember all who have given their lives to make this holiday possible.

3 members like this post: IndyBound, mtek56, Mud Packer
5/6/13, 6:18 PM   #6
treecitytornado

IZOD is a brand name for clothes.

Posted via Mobile Device

5/6/13, 6:18 PM   #7
Joe@ScaleSprints

I had no clue there was an indy car race yesterday. Never heard or saw any type of advertisement. Im sure I would have turned it on if I knew about it.

5/6/13, 7:49 PM   #8
johnnythunderhead
Banned

do they make bib overhauls?

Posted via Mobile Device

5/6/13, 9:00 PM   #9
Johnhunt

Race Count Last Year: 22

Never was a fan if road/street courses until I went to mid Ohio. Watching IndyCars on a road course in person was fantastic. Yesterday's race was one of the most entertaining races I've ever watched, period.

Posted via Mobile Device

5/6/13, 9:08 PM   #10
dave

So Hinchcliff won?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Great IZOD Indycar race yesterday