IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #1 4/22/13 10:59 PM
Currently Active Users:
272 (118 members and 154 guests)

Just one time in my life I'd like to see more members than guests. I can dream right or would that be a nightmare.

Maybe I need to do more self promotion.

Posted via Mobile Device

11 Likes: apexonephoto, dickster, dirt330, dirtfan98, jim goerge, pavement#23, racegal, racephoto1, ronmil, scottyCbus
dirt330 (Offline)
  #2 4/22/13 11:16 PM
All you guest become a member it's FREE. You'll meet great race fans at all the tracks. AGAIN ITS FREE!!!!!!!!!
5 Likes: dirtfan98, dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge, racegal, scottyCbus
duel (Offline)
  #3 4/22/13 11:40 PM
lots of quests are probably members not logged in? I know I look at things many times and don't log in.
5 Likes: apexonephoto, cjaxx1987, Joe Kidd, pavement#23, red70racer
Spi-nex (Offline)
  #4 4/22/13 11:43 PM
Since Facebook and Twitter became mainstream message boards across the net have seen a decrease in traffic.
McInturff Racing (Offline)
  #5 4/22/13 11:51 PM
Now I feel bad about browsing without logging in sometimes

Sorry Bill
stanbrough4presidentgo53 (Offline)
  #6 4/22/13 11:57 PM
Just turn the remember me on and you will stay logged in.. works on my smart phone

Posted via Mobile Device
3 Likes: PatrickMead#13, PIT CART, racephoto1
Bill Gardner (Offline)
  #7 4/23/13 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by Spi-nex:
Since Facebook and Twitter became mainstream message boards across the net have seen a decrease in traffic.
I can only speak for this site but IOW's web traffic has increased every year even with the facebook and twitter boom.

It has had an impact the amount of time people spend on IOW.

I've heard a lot of people say "I just read... I don't want to post." And I completely understand the reasons why.

This really isn't something I'm to concerned about. If people find this site "useful" they will use it. If they don't... Then i will need to find another hobby. Haha.

Posted via Mobile Device

5 Likes: dirt330, Eldora Three, jim goerge, koolaid89, pavement#23
scottyCbus (Offline)
  #8 4/23/13 7:53 AM
You need the guest's as well! The more guest's the more chance for new members!!
Midget 89 (Offline)
  #9 4/23/13 8:21 AM
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner:
Currently Active Users:

Just one time in my life I'd like to see more members than guests. I can dream right or would that be a nightmare.

Posted via Mobile Device
As I read this today, there are 62 members and 52 guests.
2 Likes: jim goerge, pavement#23
767 (Offline)
  #10 4/23/13 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner:
Currently Active Users:

Posted via Mobile Device
The only way to stop this is you have to limit what a guest can see. Many of your quests are just members not logging in. Many people log in on 1 computer (like at home) where they keep up on everything. This is also where majority of there posts will come from. Then they will log in from another computer ( like at work ) to see whats going on. There they do not plan to post, so they will not log in.
2 Likes: fish, pavement#23