IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rear "Dri-Bar"
6/16/08, 11:11 PM   #1
Rear "Dri-Bar"
jfry1

Anyone know much about the rear "Dri-Bar"? The good the bad what it does. Its cost. Is it worth having?

6/17/08, 9:22 AM   #2
Re: Rear "Dri-Bar"
LEADERS EDGE

I have never worked with a car that ran one, so I don't know much about it. I wish I could help you more. While I understand the theory of it, I don't know how it actually reacts under race conditions.

I know when Messerull ran for Bernie(Indy Race Parts) they ran one for several races. Try and get ahold of Thomas and he could fill you in from a drivers stand point. He told me he liked it for the most part.

I know they have sold quite a few.

6/28/08, 7:57 PM   #3
thebus79h

It's not a sprint car, but Sara Elrod has one on her micro, and they've started to tinker with it a bit, and she likes it quite a bit. She took the car out non-wing a few weeks ago, and really did some work with it, and she was extremely fast after they got the car dialed in with it. From what her father has told me, they tune it just like you would a front sway bar.

8/22/08, 6:55 PM   #4
tinkertoys

I worked for bret mellenberndt and tried the thing for about 10 races or so he had it on when he set quick time by .46 seconds at the copper world. it adds a lot of rr spring rate and seems to work great when the track is heavy and fast. but when it slick we never could get it dialed in. so unless your working on a big budget with money for r&d put a stiff bar in the rr when the track is fast and you'll be fine.

8/22/08, 7:02 PM   #5
tinkertoys

i think it cost about $900 and it is cockpit adjustable too. if you can afford call Drinan he is a very insiteful guy you'll definatley not get dumber talking to him.

9/5/08, 8:40 AM   #6
RR>LR=LTO

I am not touching this one. You guys argure it out. Drinan is smart. IF you have the $$$, he'll get you dialed in.

When arguing with a woman: You must first throw out logic and common sense.
Benjamin Franklin :headbang

9/6/08, 11:30 AM   #7
RACEMS41

Has anyone tried it on pavement??

5/7/09, 8:39 PM   #8
Midget18

I am currently running one and it is very good and would highly recommend it to anyone. It will get you to the front and well worth the money.

Lynsey Tilton

5/8/09, 12:19 PM   #9
badcoupe

I belive there are a few TQ guys trying them terry goff and maybe pat wolf..

9/7/09, 9:14 PM   #10
v8j

OK gear heads the dri-bar changs the spring split. so u can tighten or loosen up the car.yes DRINAN does make a pavement dri-dar systems but for info contact DRINAN RACING

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Rear "Dri-Bar"