IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Racing news of 2012
12/28/12, 1:23 PM   #1
Racing news of 2012
Bill Gardner
Administrator

It's that time of year where we all reflect on the 2012 season and look forward to 2013.

What racing news of 2012 got you most excited?

What are you looking forward to most in 2013?

Feel free to expand any of the questions.

For me... The most excited in 2012, was the announcement of Thursday Night Sprints at LPS. I was excited that I would get to watch sprints twice a week. Of course that high level of excitement was soon replaced with the same level of disappointment when it wasn't supported by teams or fans.

In 2013... I am most looking forward to seeing my good friend Brian Hayden get back in a sprint car. I just wish I could be a larger part of the team.

And... the season opener at LPS... The IOW race!!

6 members like this post: agar, FishBurger, Gregg, jim goerge, racegal, STIDA.com
12/28/12, 1:40 PM   #2
Re: Racing news of 2012
Gregg

Bryan Clauson qualifies for the Indianapolis 500.

What will I look forward to in 2013? As always, the first race of the year. Early returns suggest that it might be at Twin Cities.
Last edited by Gregg; 12/28/12 at 1:44 PM.

4 members like this post: 38DD, FishBurger, racefan20, racegal
12/28/12, 1:49 PM   #3
dirt330

All the cheeseburgers I ate with dirt on them. Watching my grandsons starting to love dirt racing.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, racegal
12/28/12, 2:30 PM   #4
addictedtodirt

The anticipation of the USAC Smackdown was tops for me this year. Knowing just how good the racing is most Sundays had me looking forward to a 3 day show. The atmosphere was everything I had hoped for. And the racing was fantastic.

Also was excited to see Jack Hewitt wheel a sprint car again. My maiden trip to Waynesfield was marred by the long night, but I will be back!

As for 2013, I look forward to getting to as many races as I can with my brother. He lives 8 hrs away and is active duty military. We were lucky enough to do Midget Week, Sprint Week, the Smackdown, and the Gold Crown. 2013 looks to be more of the same with many trips to visit mom in the stands at Gas City on most Fridays, and that is something to really look forward to.

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: FishBurger, mowerman, racegal
12/28/12, 4:07 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Best race, MSCS 1 at Burg, Tmez over Stanbrough by a couple thousandths of a second, Yeah we were all scratching our heads.

Biggest surprise. BOSS SPRINTS. Keep the purse down the money teams out and you have great racing.

Battle at the Center: Much better show than i was expecting it to be, Much better track than I expected it to be. Mich better racing than I expected it to be. FOR A INDOOR SHOW!

2013 Two biggest surprises for me. Ballou kicking tail with Baldwin. Bacon in the Hoffman ride with the equipment he wants under him.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 12/28/12 at 4:12 PM.

12/28/12, 4:44 PM   #6
Chubs Peterson

2012 - Kokomo, despite the fact I didnt make it, lived up to all its billing and looks to be a staple on the USAC schedule (maybe this year). Another Swindell victory at Chili Bowl, the USAC trip to Florida and the fallout afterwards and how they would never return, only to be back on the schedule in 2013, BC at Indy, Jackslash as good as ever, USAC sprints with a $10,000 to win show at Eldora, Kings Royal to Swindell a year after blowing tire on final turn, Damn near being late for work after hitting the Hewitt Classic at Waynesfield on a Sunday night, my first trip to The Grove and Charlotte.
2013 - Looking forward to the truck race at Eldora, Ballou and Bacon in new rides, and waiting to see what kind of racing the outlaws will have back on Hoosier tires. Really just looking forward to the start.

1 member likes this post: koolaid89
12/28/12, 4:47 PM   #7
rightrear

I kinda found me a new home track at Putnamville. Great people. Great Racing. See ya in the spring.
Last edited by rightrear; 12/28/12 at 4:50 PM.

1 member likes this post: agar
12/28/12, 4:59 PM   #8
PatrickMead#13

First season ever on dirt for me was awesome. Getting to race with the 1st season Montpellier Midget series was a great learning experience for us.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: FishBurger, PJ Wright
12/28/12, 5:01 PM   #9
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

2012 highlight for me was hitting all 7 Indiana Sprint Weeks shows (in 9 nights), and spending Friday, Saturday, & Sunday nights at my favorite dirt track, whichever direction in Indiana i wanted to head for.
2013...No matter the ********, May @ the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, with a few more of our dirt track stars in the field (& BC drinking milk in Victory Lane). My 2nd big event will be opening night, at whichever dirt track can give me those fire-breathing sprint cars, the noise, the color, the excitement, the Indiana clay in my cold beer, no place i would rather be. Everything else is just extras, bob.

4 members like this post: addictedtodirt, FishBurger, PatrickMead#13
12/28/12, 5:28 PM   #10
17B

Successful 2012 racing season under my belt at Clay County Speedway, as first year promotor, looking forward to another in 2013.............AND possible expanding my "living my dream" on the Indiana side also this year!
Kevin

3 members like this post: FishBurger, PJ Wright, sw1911
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Racing news of 2012