IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Team 6R Racing to Cease Operations
11/12/12, 5:16 PM   #1
Team 6R Racing to Cease Operations
jet darryl

Team 6R Racing has Ceased Operations

(November 12, 2012)- It is with a heavy heart, that I announce Team 6R Racing has had to cease operations. We started racing in 1988, and after 24 years of great competition and camaraderie, we have had to come to a stopping point. Please understand that our ceasing of operations has nothing to do with the state of USAC, or the Silver Crown series. I fully believe in USAC, Silver Crown racing and its future, and will continue do whatever I can to support the series. Unfortunately, with the current state of our nation and economy, and the implications that it has had on Jet-Star, I am unable to continue with our racing efforts at this time. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of our Team 6R members for their support and friendship, thank all of the fans and supporters of Team 6R Racing, the United States Auto Club and the Silver Crown series, and thank all of the friends that we’ve made enjoying the sport we love for their kindness and support.

Sincerely,

Darryl Guiducci

11/12/12, 6:31 PM   #2
Re: Team 6R Racing to Cease Operations
cowboyhar69

Sorry to hear this news.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

11/12/12, 6:33 PM   #3
dave b Wilwood

Darryl,
You and your organization will be missed in the Silver Crown Series, You are truly a friend of the racer. I will always remember your hard work and commitment to the sport.

Your friend Dave Brzozowski

1 member likes this post: Lewis1585
11/12/12, 7:08 PM   #4
D.O.

Sorry to see you guys stop. Good Luck!

11/12/12, 9:34 PM   #5
IndyBound

Have enjoyed watching your cars compete in the Silver Crown Series, sorry to hear this news. Best of Luck in the future!

Patti

11/12/12, 9:42 PM   #6
midget96

Team 6R is one of the main reasons I took my son to the 4 crown this year. This news is horrible, but being self employed I can see where this economy is taking a lot of businesses.

Team 6R will be missed !
Last edited by midget96; 11/12/12 at 9:43 PM.

11/12/12, 10:12 PM   #7
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

Very sad to read this. Obviously 6R cared about SC racing and this is a big blow. I thought with the rules change in regard to fuel, the series had a chance to at least recover some. This team closing down really is a big blow IMO. Quality team lost and quality drivers looking for a new seat. I just hope more aren't going to join the list.

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: 2fast4u, IndyBound
11/13/12, 12:40 AM   #8
racephoto1

Darryl,

First I'd like to thank you for all you've done in thepast for Champ Dirt Cars. You gave a lot of people a chance who would've never got one.

Second, folks it's going to be a HARD winter, this is just the tip of the iceburg on teams closing up.( Ballou was just yesterday).

11/13/12, 8:04 AM   #9
miwingless

Very sad news! Thank you for all your years of support. I wish you the best and hope to see you back again soon. Also, wishing the best for the Swansons some of the best racing people around!

11/13/12, 10:27 AM   #10
Great Scott

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 63

I have always enjoyed watching the 6R cars. I hope the 6R drivers find rides....especially Cody and Tanner.

1 member likes this post: miwingless
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Team 6R Racing to Cease Operations