IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Midget 89 (Offline)
  #1 10/17/12 4:48 PM
Duke Cook is reporting on Facebook that Jack Steck, chief mechanic, car owner and builder passed away last night in Ohio. Steck wrenched cars for Harold Smith, Al Smith, Larry Dickson, Lee Kunzman, Bill Vukovich and Sheldon Kinser. RIP Jack.
smith19 (Offline)
  #2 10/17/12 4:55 PM
rip jack steck. i'll add a few more names...larry moore, rich vogler and his son in law greg leffler.

CHRIS SMITH
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #3 10/17/12 5:47 PM
Leffler is alive. Unless something happened to him recently. He was the grand marshal for the T.Q. Race in Greensburg this Spring.

Posted via Mobile Device
Midget 89 (Offline)
  #4 10/17/12 6:13 PM
Originally Posted by treecitytornado:
Leffler is alive. Unless something happened to him recently. He was the grand marshal for the T.Q. Race in Greensburg this Spring.

Posted via Mobile Device
I think he was adding to the list of drivers who drove for Steck.
Lewis1585 (Offline)
  #5 10/17/12 6:29 PM
RIP Jack, you will be greatly missed! It was a great honor to drive cars that you took care of. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. Tell your wife and Larry Farno that I say hello.

Posted via Mobile Device
racephoto1 (Offline)
  #6 10/17/12 7:05 PM
Man, at the track Jack only wanted one thing , to win,and he got that a lot. RIP Jack.
2 Likes: Lewis1585, Ricks Pics
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #7 10/17/12 7:20 PM
I think you are right. R.I.P. Mr. Steck!

Posted via Mobile Device
kruser (Offline)
  #8 10/18/12 7:29 AM
Great man!! - Great team mate !! cars were always ready to race when Jack set them up.
RIP Jack
DK
Team 6R
KRJoyce1 (Offline)
  #9 10/18/12 1:10 PM
Sorry to hear this news. Gods Speed Jack! Thoughts and Prayers to Cindy&Greg, Suzie and all of the Family. I'm sure Ruth greated him and has already handed Jack her "To Do List" to get started on.
SteveE (Offline)
  #10 10/18/12 4:18 PM
I think Larry is gone also.