IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2012 Jack Hewitt Classic September 16
9/9/12, 1:44 PM   #1
2012 Jack Hewitt Classic September 16
WRP DK

You don't want to miss the 2012 version of the $3000 to win Jack Hewitt Classic this Sunday September 16th. We will run the Non Wing sprints first to make sure the fans get to see what they came for and get home at a decent time. The pit gates will open at 3:00 and qualifying begins at 5:30pm. We also are running UMP mods for $1000 to win $100 to start, Mini Sprints $500 to win and tough trucks $300 to win. Grandstand gates open @ 4:00 at a price of $18 adults and kids 10 and under free. Racing starts at 6:00.

Jack Hewitt has stated he will be racing so come take on the legend. See you there!!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: cowboyhar69, dkdorkboy
9/10/12, 8:39 AM   #2
Re: 2012 Jack Hewitt Classic September 16
Indy

Please help me out. I would like to know where this race is being held. Thanks.

9/10/12, 8:49 AM   #3
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
Waynesfield, OH

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

9/10/12, 8:49 AM   #4
Koonzee

Waynesfield, just east of Lima.

Posted via Mobile Device

9/10/12, 8:51 AM   #5
cowboyhar69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
http://waynesfieldmotorsportspark.co...d=12&Itemid=26

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

9/10/12, 11:26 AM   #6
WRP DK

I apologize. Thanks for the help. Yea just visit www.waynesfieldracewaypark.com or visit us on Facebook. From I-75 go 8 miles east on US Highway 33. Turn left on Waynesfield Road and the track will be on your left hand side a mile down the road. Hope to see you there. Will be exciting to see Jack race again along with some of the other great drivers attending. Heard rumor that we might see Dave Darland racing also. Hoping two time winner Jonathon Hendrick will be in attendance. Come on out and see one last great race in the 2012 season.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: mowerman
9/10/12, 6:54 PM   #7
little Spike

A.M.S.A. is encouraging all A.M.S.A.Ligthning Mini Sprint drivers to support the Jack Hewitt Classic race this Sunday Sept. 16th. This is Waynesfield last race for the season. Lets give them a good car count. See you all there.

9/11/12, 9:44 AM   #8
Mud Packer

I have stated before that we would like to attend this race but being a Sunday night I still have some reservations. I am leaning on trying it but don't want an all night marathon like LPS had this past week.

This is a special event and four classes don't give me a great deal of encouragement for an early departure. Running the sprint car feature first now has me thinking it could be doable.

Even with an hour earlier start time, adding the modifieds didn't help. Since no one else in the region is running that night, how many modifieds can we expect? I know, how many ever show up. Any thoughts on this are appreciated.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

9/11/12, 11:34 AM   #9
hoosierhillbilly

Well, there were 50+ on July 3rd and there were no other tracks running. In addition, the 4th was a holiday. Since this is a Sunday and late in the season, I would guess it would be less than 50. Of course there are so many mods within a 2 hour drive. It could be 100.

Posted via Mobile Device

9/11/12, 11:40 AM   #10
Mud Packer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierhillbilly View Post
Well, there were 50+ on July 3rd and there were no other tracks running. In addition, the 4th was a holiday. Since this is a Sunday and late in the season, I would guess it would be less than 50. Of course there are so many mods within a 2 hour drive. It could be 100.

Posted via Mobile Device
Just my reason for concern David. I am sure it will be a good turnout and I know that Waynesfield moves the show along pretty well. With a 2 1/2 hour drive home I don't need a marathon that ends at 1 or 2 AM. 10 PM would be great.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2012 Jack Hewitt Classic September 16