IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint car smackdown
8/9/12, 6:31 PM   #1
Sprint car smackdown
Jill

Plenty of great seats still available! Call 815-468-8690 to reserve your tickets today!

8/9/12, 8:07 PM   #2
Johnhunt

Race Count Last Year: 22

I saw on the website if you have a three day wristband and it's removed for any reason it's void. Is this true? Not sure I can wear a wristband at work Friday and Saturday.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/10/12, 12:54 PM   #3
Re: Sprint car smackdown
jenthro

I'm also curious to this as I will be taking my son on Thursday and then the wife on Friday and Saturday. Jill?

8/10/12, 1:03 PM   #4
Shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenthro View Post
I'm also curious to this as I will be taking my son on Thursday and then the wife on Friday and Saturday. Jill?
My father emailed Kokomo Speedway about this issue. He was told that you have to wear them for all three days, no exceptions.

He was also planning to go to two of the nights, but may have to miss one. So, he was basically told he had to be the one going every night.

My question is why? Why not have tickets to turn in for an armband each night? Or, how about turn in the previous nights armband for a new one?

They make the rules, so it is what it is, I guess. I'm sure they have their reasoning. I just wanted to pass along the information that I knew.

Posted via Mobile Device

8/10/12, 1:08 PM   #5
gtownplowboy

I too do not understand this. Please work with us.
Last edited by gtownplowboy; 8/10/12 at 1:46 PM. Reason: was not finished do not wish to post jumped the gun

8/10/12, 1:15 PM   #6
Bill Gardner
Administrator

This has been a standard practice for all of the multi day events I've ever been too.

1 member likes this post: speed bump
8/10/12, 1:25 PM   #7
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

My experience is that a carefully-applied piece of scotch tape on the inside of the band (requires another person) will see you through the weekend. However, I agree it's a silly rule.

---------- Post added at 1:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:23 PM ----------

Note that this requires that you tear it off by turning the band inside out and grabbing the free end. Then you can easily match the overlay the next night.

2 members like this post: nathans1012, Speedracer
8/10/12, 2:09 PM   #8
mortboyz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Monahan View Post
My experience is that a carefully-applied piece of scotch tape on the inside of the band (requires another person) will see you through the weekend. However, I agree it's a silly rule.

---------- Post added at 1:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 1:23 PM ----------

Note that this requires that you tear it off by turning the band inside out and grabbing the free end. Then you can easily match the overlay the next night.
Ssshhhhhh!!

8/10/12, 5:02 PM   #9
Indy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
This has been a standard practice for all of the multi day events I've ever been too.
I don't remember doing this at the Chili bowl when it was 3 days, I never had to do this at the Four Crown when it was 2 days nor at the Mopar Million when I had tickets for both days. I'm 58, been toomany a race and I don't ever remember having to use an arm band for mutiple days for an extended race program. I believe someone does not want anyone to transfer there ticket to someone else. They would rather they buy one which I also can understand from a bussness side.

8/10/12, 5:37 PM   #10
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy View Post
I don't remember doing this at the Chili bowl when it was 3 days, I never had to do this at the Four Crown when it was 2 days nor at the Mopar Million when I had tickets for both days. I'm 58, been toomany a race and I don't ever remember having to use an arm band for mutiple days for an extended race program. I believe someone does not want anyone to transfer there ticket to someone else. They would rather they buy one which I also can understand from a bussness side.
I always go to the pits... do you? The Mopar Million and 4 Crown (never been to Chili Bowl) required the same arm band for the entire time you were there.

If you bought a 3 day ticket pass for the Smackdown before July 14th, it came with a FREE pitpass. I'd say they decided to use arm bands for the 3 day passes to make things a little easier.

You get your arm band on day 1... days 2 and 3 you don't have to stand in a line waiting to get your arm band or ticket. It makes perfect sense to me.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Sprint car smackdown