IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ISW and Toy Drive for Riley's cancer kids
7/10/12, 9:58 PM   #1
ISW and Toy Drive for Riley's cancer kids
Throttle10e

Hi, my name is Courtland Cottle. I organized a toy drive for the cancer kids at Riley Hospital this past December. With the help of my friends, family, and even some of my dads racing friends, I was able to give over 500 toys to the cancer kids! The thing that makes me sad is that some of the kids there won't make to Christmas so I decided to do a "Christmas in July" toy drive. My goal is to donate 1,000 toys and I need your help! If you would like to help out, please bring a toy to any ISW race and give to my daddy (The Throttle) or me if I am there. We need new toys for kids infant to teens. These kids have been through so much and your donation will help make them smile. I also have an account to accept money donations. Checks can be made out to The Courty Cares Toy Drive and mailed to Solidarity Federal Credit Union P.O. Box 2499 Kokomo,IN. 46902. Thank you so much for opening your heart and helping someone else.

Courtland Cottle

Posted via Mobile Device

7/11/12, 6:52 PM   #2
midgy

I will be with the 2E team that Shane will be driving for. Feel free to give me the toys if Shane or Courtland are not around. I will make sure they get them.

Lisa

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by midgy; 7/12/12 at 6:09 PM.

2 members like this post: Dannypollock24, Throttle10e
7/11/12, 9:19 PM   #3
Johnhunt

Race Count Last Year: 22

This is a fantastic thing you're doing and I'll be at Kokomo with a toy in tow!

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: Dannypollock24, midgy, Throttle10e, Throttlemom
7/12/12, 1:29 PM   #4
Re: ISW and Toy Drive for Riley's cancer kids
RacingGirl10

Hey guys,
We thought that Courtland has done such an awesome job with her Toy Drives that we thought it would be a great idea to team up with her and make this event a little more special! There will be a donation station a the bowling alley for participants to bring toys. Also, we will be having a 50/50 drawing with 1/2 the money going directly to Courtland to buy toys for the kids. So bring a toy when you come!
Thanks!

3 members like this post: Dannypollock24, IndyBound, Johnhunt
7/14/12, 1:56 PM   #5
Throttle10e

OK Race fans we are offering a race weekend experience you won't wont to miss out on! We are selling chances to win this weekend package and proceeds will go to Courty Cares toy drive. They are $20 per chance or 7 chances for $100. Thanks to All Sports Tailgating for the donation! Here are the details:

4 Day Brickyard 400 In Indianapolis Turn 2 VIP Suite Weekend Package Tickets..

For the FIRST Time ever 4 races in 3 Days at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway!!

Grand-Am Continental Series
Grand-Am Rolex Series
NASCAR Nationwide Series
NASCAR Sprint Cup

A complete weekend filled with RACING and FUN in an Air Conditioned Turn 2 VIP SUITE!!!

YOU GET:
2 Turn 2 VIP Suite Tickets for all 4 days

- NASCAR Nationwide Practice Sessions, Thursday July 26th
- Grand-Am Continental Series and Grand-Am Rolex Series Practices/Qualifications/RACES, Friday July 27th
- NASCAR Sprint Cup Practice and Qualifications and NASCAR Nationwide Qualifications and RACE , Saturday July 28th
- NASCAR Brickyard 400, Sunday July 29th

Your Turn 2 VIP Suite Tickets Include:
- Admission to the Turn 2 VIP Suite all 4 days
- Catered Food throughout the days
- Open Bar with Beer, Wine, and Mixed Drinks with Bartender Service
- Coca-Cola Soft Drinks and Water
- Pit and Garage Passes for your use throughout the entire weekend
- Pit and Garage Tours available upon request
- Closed circuit TV's with all the on track action in the Air Conditioned VIP Suite
- Outdoor Patio seating only feet from the cars coming through Turn 2 (Not a better seat to be had anywhere around the track)
- All Sports Tailgating Lanyard and Ticket Holder

7/14/12, 4:21 PM   #6
reeserx

I can drop my toy off at the 2e trailer right?

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Dannypollock24
7/14/12, 7:23 PM   #7
Throttle10e

Sure can and Thanks!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

7/16/12, 9:44 AM   #8
HARFprez

Race Count This Year: 3

As a cheapskate, i usually do not get the pit pass, so i didn't see anyone at Kokomo or Lawrenceburg to give my donation to. I was in the pits at Gas City and ran into one of my favorite drivers, Shane Cottle, and gave him a bag of toys to help. If you can, let me know where you are tonight at Kokomo and i'll bring another bag. What a great thing you're doing to help others, i only hope i can do a little to help in your cause. See you tonight, bob

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ISW and Toy Drive for Riley's cancer kids