IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #1 6/24/12 12:28 PM
I can see some boos if someone took someone out to win or did it dirty.

But why do people boo someone who drove their arse off and won?

I've seen this time and again and mainly at Bloomington.

You don't have to like it, You have no choice but to accept it.
Suck it up, Go home and hopefully your driver wins next week.

Off Soap box.

Charles Nungester
13 Likes: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, 50mcrewguy, Dannypollock24, darnall, HARFprez, I Miss Manzy, interpreter66, Jhouts06, K9Racer, mod4s, rapid robert, rdzsprint
HARFprez (Offline)
  #2 6/24/12 2:29 PM
Ask the late great Rich Vogler, they used to boo him just for showing up. let me guess, booing Brady, for winning from the tail? How disrespectful of him. Tell him to take a lesson from the hated Kyle Busch, they only boo you when you win, wear it like a badge of honor, jmho, bob.
4wheelsinthekoosh (Offline)
  #3 6/24/12 2:54 PM
Best thing you can do as a driver in the spot is to offer them a free tshirt. Shuts them up pretty quick.

Posted via Mobile Device
Dave Rudisell (Offline)
  #4 6/24/12 3:38 PM
Well said, save the booing and bashing for the promotors!!
7 Likes: Charles Nungester, cmakin, Drtchsr, interpreter66, mtek56, Mud Packer, racefan20
Charles Nungester (Offline)
  #5 6/24/12 3:48 PM
I wasn't just brady, Ive seen JS, Bland and even DD booed at Bloomington.

Billy, Thats one way to do it, but you shouldn't have too!

Charles Nungester
ShaneMugavin57 (Offline)
  #6 6/24/12 4:04 PM
First off good seeing you Friday Chuck and I deserved some booing for my run that night. Don't usually disagree with ya Chuck but I think nothing is wrong with passionate race fans. I think its bad taste when someone cheers when there hated driver crashes but other than that it should be fair game. The fans pay money and have a right to express there opinion. I know nothing of the issue at Bloomington but fans should be able to tell the guy they don't like the way he made a pass or they think he was cocky in his interview. Some of these guys need to hear it to keep them in line. Without passion this sport will die quickly. You can really not have a good guy without having the bad guys. The great thing about racing is every fan has a different opinion of who is the good guy and who is the bad guy.
20 Likes: addictedtodirt, agar, Andrew S. Quinn, Charles Nungester, Dannypollock24, Dblchkrs, Diggsy, dirtshirt, Gee2, interpreter66, jim goerge, mtek56, MWestfallfan54, rpedersen20, SC90, sprintgal, SteveD, Tim Clauson, wallbanger II, wolfracer69
opnwhlmnd (Offline)
  #7 6/24/12 4:18 PM
If half the crowd isn't booing you then you aren't winning near enough.

Was told that from an old outlaw racer named Tom Corbin.

Find a purpose in life ..... Be a bad example
monkeyboy (Offline)
  #8 6/24/12 4:47 PM
You hear them because sprint car racing in indiana is something some fans live work and sacrifice for. In pa drivers get booed at many woo shows the boo birds are there. Ask sammy if he ever gets booed after a big win. Anywhere fans are as passionate as the ones here it is bound to happen. Dominance though fun to witness makes you beg for the upset.

Posted via Mobile Device
rclaridge (Offline)
  #9 6/24/12 4:56 PM
Brady does give away free t-shirts,he my grandkids shirts last week at TSS......and its not the first time he's done it.

Posted via Mobile Device
stanbrough4presidentgo53 (Offline)
  #10 6/24/12 5:03 PM
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester:
I can see some boos if someone took someone out to win or did it dirty.

But why do people boo someone who drove their arse off and won?

I've seen this time and again and mainly at Bloomington.

You don't have to like it, You have no choice but to accept it.
Suck it up, Go home and hopefully your driver wins next week.

Off Soap box.
Sorry if people aren't classy enough at a sprint car race lol we should ban cheering and booing and if people stand up kick them out.. I jmo love when people get into a race cheer stand boo swing their arms around after nasty sliders. Come to TSS and sit out of turn 3 were you have the love levi and boo levi jones fans same with stanbro and dd. Its makes things fun..

Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: monkeyboy, sprintgal