IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TQs set to race at Greensburg Indy 33
4/22/12, 8:00 PM   #1
TQs set to race at Greensburg Indy 33
Scooter23

This Saturday, April 28th, UMRA will begin their season of TQ midget racing. The City of Greensburg, Indiana hosts the innaugural Greensburg Indy 33, sanctioned by Kings of the TQ's. This is an open race for all TQ drivers and car owners, from any series, and is also serving as the year's first points race for UMRA drivers. A full week of racing festivities culminates on Saturday with a parade downtown at 11am, with races Saturday evening with the 33 lap feature event a Greensburg fairgrounds. Rain date will be Sunday, April 29th.

For a full list of events and times, please visit www.umra.com or www.gogreensburg.org

Hope to see you there!

4/22/12, 8:22 PM   #2
Re: TQs set to race at Greensburg Indy 33
racerjim2

What's the real chances of this race happening? Pics I saw looked like track was a long way from being ready and there are no stands. Any updates?

2 members like this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan
4/22/12, 9:27 PM   #3
goodoleboy24

This race will happen guareented. Yes there are no bleachers they have been taking them out do to insurance reasons. There is a huge hill side for seating so bring lawn chairs and blankets to sit on. The mayor has spent thousands of dollars on this event and the go greensburg comittee has been working very hard to make this event a true success for the city. The mayor will have the racing surface in great shape for this event.
Admission is $5 for adults or $10 for a whole family pit pass $25. This race will happen no matter what. It is a shame that the city has put a ton of work and money for this event to make this a premeire event for the tqs and then people r getting on here saying it ain't going to happen. These people are just tring to ruin a great event the city of greensburg has put together

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by goodoleboy24; 4/22/12 at 9:28 PM.

1 member likes this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan
4/22/12, 9:53 PM   #4
CFR Enterprises

I dont recall seeing anybody saying this race wasnt going to happen or downing the efforts of the city. I posted pics of what I saw and expressed doubt, But also the first thing I said in that post was that I really hope this race happens. So not really sure why you are saying people are trying to ruin a great event.

4/22/12, 10:05 PM   #5
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

I can't wait for next weekend!!!! I'll be attending the parade,car display, and race.... Thanks to all involved who are making this race possible!!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

4/22/12, 10:18 PM   #6
gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerjim2 View Post
What's the real chances of this race happening? Pics I saw looked like track was a long way from being ready and there are no stands. Any updates?
The GOGreensburg event will take place Saturday, April 28. Rain date Sunday April 29. The track will receive the utmost attention regarding its preperation. We want a smooth race track. Rumor is someone already has been on the track yesterday evening. The grand stands have been removed, but there is much green grass on the hillside and lawn chairs and blankets are welcome. The Go Greensburg committee and I have put a lot of work and effort into these events. Check it out on www.gogreensburg.org. There will be concessions in grandstand area, and in the pits. There will be a parade, we would encourage all that can to participate,line up starts at 9am until 10:30. Please call if interested so we can get you entered. Call 812-663-6970 ASAP. All race cars are welcome to display their cars on the square right after the parade for 60 to 90 minutes before going to the track. Please come bring family and friends and have a good day racing. Mayor Gary Herbert

4/22/12, 10:24 PM   #7
#1Brad Kuhn Fan

Thanks for your reply sir.also is there a fee to enter parade??? Thanks

Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by #1Brad Kuhn Fan; 4/22/12 at 10:32 PM.

4/23/12, 12:16 PM   #8
racerjim2

In no way did I mean to hurt the Greensburg race with my question.

I simply had a question as to the status because of the photos I saw on IOW last week. We just wanted to know for sure so other plans could be made in case something would happen. Race drivers want to race and a backup plan is needed.

1 member likes this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan
4/23/12, 2:09 PM   #9
i love dirt track racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
The GOGreensburg event will take place Saturday, April 28. Rain date Sunday April 29. The track will receive the utmost attention regarding its preperation. We want a smooth race track. Rumor is someone already has been on the track yesterday evening. The grand stands have been removed, but there is much green grass on the hillside and lawn chairs and blankets are welcome. The Go Greensburg committee and I have put a lot of work and effort into these events. Check it out on www.gogreensburg.org. There will be concessions in grandstand area, and in the pits. There will be a parade, we would encourage all that can to participate,line up starts at 9am until 10:30. Please call if interested so we can get you entered. Call 812-663-6970 ASAP. All race cars are welcome to display their cars on the square right after the parade for 60 to 90 minutes before going to the track. Please come bring family and friends and have a good day racing. Mayor Gary Herbert
wish greensburg the best hope that you and the tree city have a great turn out for this event. its nice to see the mayor to have something to do with racing. hope to see some great racing in the tree city.

4/23/12, 2:16 PM   #10
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Pretty impressive that the mayor would take the time to sign up for IOW and help promote this event. I wish more of them would have this much excitement about racing. Welcome to IOW Mr. Mayor.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > TQs set to race at Greensburg Indy 33