IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
ISF (Offline)
  #1 1/25/12 9:45 PM
No doubt this question has been asked before but here goes. This is for you guys that are real familiar with the Haubstadt area.

I was messing around with Google Earth just now and happened upon what appears to be a racetrack 3 miles due South of Tri-State Speedway near Haubstadt. It measures about .64 of a mile and is a perfect oval which is to say it has no irregularities.

It lies on the Southwest corner of the interchange where 41 and I-64 intersect and there is a house and some other structures neat it. It lies North and South and there is no signs that there ever had been any grandstands or anything else near it.

Just curious.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
mscs20 (Offline)
  #2 1/25/12 10:02 PM
That used to be a big truck stop. Bustlers was the name.
At least in the immediate corner of 41 and I 64.

Posted via Mobile Device
jd1sprint (Offline)
  #3 1/25/12 10:07 PM
Looks like an old horse training track. It has a white guardrail around the inside of it.
Racer12 (Offline)
  #4 1/25/12 10:25 PM
If I am correct there used to be a track in the 20's or 30's near vincennes correct?
53fan4life (Offline)
  #5 1/26/12 6:45 AM
This was a horse track that George Busler built about the time Indiana was thinking legalizing horse racing in the State. Needless to say they never did so he used it as a training facility up until he passed away some years back.
ISF (Offline)
  #6 1/26/12 10:38 AM
Thanks guys.

I discovered it by accident and curiosity got the best of me. I knew it wouldn't take long to get the low down on it.

Silver Crown Championship Dirt Cars properly driven on a one mile dirt track are classic poetry in motion. Using that analogy, Jack Hewitt is one of the greatest poets of all time.
jim goerge (Offline)
  #7 1/26/12 1:41 PM
It is a old horse training track