IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Busch news
11/10/11, 10:58 PM   #1
Kyle Busch news
D.O.

Official from M&M Mars: Mars, Incorporated announced today that they will be removing Kyle Busch from driving the M&M’S® car for the remaining two races of the 2011 NASCAR season as a result of the incident during last Friday’s NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race at Texas Motor Speedway. The car will not run with the M&M’S® paint scheme until 2012, at which time Kyle Busch will be the driver with the expectation that no future incident take place.

2 members like this post: Buster51, Pat O'Connor Fan
11/10/11, 11:31 PM   #2
Re: Kyle Busch news
Pat O'Connor Fan

11/10/11, 11:43 PM   #3
KMS2683

LOL, way to put their foot down. Thats like disciplining your kid with an hour sooner curfew.

11/10/11, 11:44 PM   #4
Blackduce

Just put a number on the car and go win it. Still, no one has said who caused the yellow during the truck race where Kyle received all this attention.

Lynn

1 member likes this post: speed bump
11/11/11, 1:10 AM   #5
LocalYokel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackduce View Post
Just put a number on the car and go win it. Still, no one has said who caused the yellow during the truck race where Kyle received all this attention.

Lynn
Man, give it a rest. In motorsports, accidents happen nearly every race. These incidents aren't malicious or on purpose. This is why they're called accidents. Imagine how few cars would be running at the end of a race if everyone behaved like Kyle Busch did when the caution came out.
As a car owner, how would you like it if someone destroyed your car if it caused an accident? I find it mind boggling considering your expirence with racing, that you are so dismissive of his accident.

Also, im sure Gibbs isn't thrilled that the M&Ms sponsorship is being pulled for the final few races. The team is going to be losing money, and I can't imagine that they're going to be happy with Kyle. Im interested to see the ramifications of this as it pertains to his status as one of Gibbs primary driver...
Posted via Mobile Device

11/11/11, 1:31 AM   #6
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMS2683 View Post
LOL, way to put their foot down. Thats like disciplining your kid with an hour sooner curfew.
He's being suspended by one of his biggest sponsors, until next year. This is no minor thing. In these guys world, he's one more incident away from one of the worst things that can happen to you, taking place.

Jerry

Winston Churchill
Last edited by Jerry Shaw; 11/11/11 at 1:35 AM.

11/11/11, 5:10 AM   #7
fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.O. View Post
The car will not run with the M&M’S® paint scheme until 2012, at which time Kyle Busch will be the driver with the expectation that no future incident take place.
I'm pretty certain you can count on Kyle Busch being in no future incidents.

I eat an awful lot of M&Ms and all this is forcing me to consider switching to peanut clusters.
Last edited by fish; 11/11/11 at 5:20 AM.

1 member likes this post: randy j
11/11/11, 5:37 AM   #8
Ovalmeister

I believe he is still going to race, just not with M&M's as the sponsor. Interstate Batteries will be on the car for the final two races.
David.

11/11/11, 6:58 AM   #9
reeserx

According to espn ovalmeister is correct....I also seen that z-line which is his nationwide sponsor asked to have Denny Hamlin in the car and not kyle..maybe he'll think again before making another stupid decision
Posted via Mobile Device

11/11/11, 9:03 AM   #10
Seadog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalmeister View Post
I believe he is still going to race, just not with M&M's as the sponsor. Interstate Batteries will be on the car for the final two races.
David.
That's a good sponsor for the car, since everybody seems to be CHARGED up about this KB incident.

1 member likes this post: cmiracingvids
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kyle Busch news