IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Stanbrough Wins
5/10/08, 11:32 PM   #1
Stanbrough Wins
DJ Ott22

Stanbrough, Boespflug, Cone, Anderson, Stockon, Cummins... Thats the top 6... Clayton was leading and pulling away before something happened and he pulled off the track.

5/10/08, 11:35 PM   #2
Re: Stanbrough Wins
sprint79

Holtsclaw pulled off early. Hud Cone was third and Kyle Cummins finished 6th.

5/10/08, 11:36 PM   #3
DJ Ott22

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprint79 View Post
Holtsclaw pulled off early. Hud Cone was third and Kyle Cummins finished 6th.
Thanks I forgot about Hud

5/11/08, 3:36 AM   #4
petey

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Ott22 View Post
Clayton was leading and pulling away before something happened and he pulled off the track.
They said the throttle linkage broke. Tough break. I wasn't sure if DC would catch up with Stanbrough or not after the first half of the race but after Meseraull came in for a flat right rear that moved Daron up to second and after two more restart's he passed the 53 and looked poised to win. He's still the man at Haubstadt!

5/11/08, 7:26 AM   #5
Al Pierce

Race Count This Year: 49
Race Count Last Year: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey View Post
after two more restart's he passed the 53 and looked poised to win
I'd agree with that, but on the restart when 10 passed 53 it appeared to me the flagman was fumbling with stuff in the stand and didn't hold up the furled "next time by" flag until 53 had already passed the stand. 53 got a terrible restart and 10 got by in a lap or so. May have had nothing to do with the pass, but I don't think 53 was sure of the start. I thought there would be more cars, but probably good that there wasn't. Great effort to make the track racy during/after the rain. :thumb

5/11/08, 12:51 PM   #6
Great Scott

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 63

It was worth the drive down from Bloomington. The Clayton / Stanbrough duel was great while it lasted. It wa too bad DC pulled off with problems because it might have been another classic.

5/11/08, 9:18 PM   #7
Zellner

how many cars did they have?

5/11/08, 9:43 PM   #8
petey

A tad shy of 30 cars were in the pits. Have to give a nod to Schuerenberg who was in the blue Walker car. Didn't transfer in his heat and in the B he brought out an early caution then put on a great passing display to third all while it was raining! Those were some wicked slide jobs he was pulling off.:Steer

5/11/08, 11:06 PM   #9
lovindirt

Good going Jon , anyone have any info. on North Vernon results, did they get the L-burg show in and if so what happened??????

Jeff

5/12/08, 7:12 AM   #10
Great Scott

Race Count This Year: 48
Race Count Last Year: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by petey View Post
A tad shy of 30 cars were in the pits. Have to give a nod to Schuerenberg who was in the blue Walker car. Didn't transfer in his heat and in the B he brought out an early caution then put on a great passing display to third all while it was raining! Those were some wicked slide jobs he was pulling off.:Steer
Those were classic Haubstadt slide jobs. I was watching him instead of the leaders. My 5 year old loves saying "slide job".

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Stanbrough Wins