IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
65 Push Truck (Offline)
  #1 8/9/11 3:15 PM
Just read that Daron Clayton is out of the Hoffman ride, and Kyle Larson will be in the 69 tonight at Osky. Daron is reportedly gonna run the Jack Yeley #2. This courtsey of Kirk Spridgeon on Twitter...
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #2 8/9/11 3:18 PM
Bad news. Z-Man scooped you by about 2 hours.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
65 Push Truck (Offline)
  #3 8/9/11 3:26 PM
Ya I feel bad for Daron, not sure who's decision it was, his or Hoffman's. But a bit excited to see what Larson can do in the Hoffman ride. He has been pretty good in whatever ride he has jumped into so far in his young career. Good luck to both guys tonight at Osky!!
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #4 8/9/11 3:29 PM
Originally Posted by 65 Push Truck:
Ya I feel bad for Daron, not sure who's decision it was, his or Hoffman's. But a bit excited to see what Larson can do in the Hoffman ride. He has been pretty good in whatever ride he has jumped into so far in his young career. Good luck to both guys tonight at Osky!!
Last year at this race, Larson went faster in Cactus Jack's car than anybody I've ever seen.

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
az02 (Offline)
  #5 8/9/11 3:37 PM
Kevin swindell almost won it in Jacks car 3 years ago
Posted via Mobile Device
RGraves (Offline)
  #6 8/9/11 5:41 PM
Best of luck to both Daron and the Hoffmans. I was hoping this would end up on a better note. Daron tore the car up a few times but in MY opinion, he wasn't given much of a racecar to work with. Daron looked like he spend most of his time fighting a ill handling racecar.

I have all the respect in the world for the Hoffmans and their history but they need to put together a decent racecar. Jerry couldn't get out of his own way with it either.
2 Likes: jim goerge, suziekh
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #7 8/9/11 5:43 PM
Hate to see Daron out, but I am not surprised that they got Kyle. I don't know if he is "First Time, Fast Time" or "Any Car, Any Time, Any Place". He is just too good in everything he drives to not be driving a dirt sprinter. Best of luck both to Daron and Kyle.

Frank Daigh
racefan20 (Offline)
  #8 8/9/11 5:48 PM
Originally Posted by dirtnonwingfan:
Hate to see Daron out, but I am not surprised that they got Kyle. I don't know if he is "First Time, Fast Time" or "Any Car, Any Time, Any Place". He is just too good in everything he drives to not be driving a dirt sprinter. Best of luck both to Daron and Kyle.
Actually i'm suprised Walker didnt pick him(Larson) up full time earlier in the year.

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
2 Likes: jerrydt, wolfpack58
treecitytornado (Offline)
  #9 8/9/11 5:49 PM
Doesn't matter how hard you stand on it or how much money the owners have; the bottom line is if you tear up his stuff enough times he will find another butt to go in the seat.
Posted via Mobile Device
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, MWestfallfan54, RJ21
cmcooper2 (Offline)
  #10 8/9/11 6:02 PM
Ready to see the MDC run Cactus Jacks car and put a hurtin on the rest of the field tonight for 15K!!