IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gregg Stabb
5/2/08, 1:31 AM   #1
Gregg Stabb
Blackduce

People,I just learned on a previous post about Gregg. I am so angry I can not grasp my feelings and make any sense. Gregg was an racer far more caring than anyone who has been down the street or coming in the future. And I am including the directors who are proving there is no one steering this ship. John Caples is the only one I can hold responsible. John tell me different. I am spending too much money to see you direct this stupid direction. Gregg Stabb bled sprint cars 24 hrs a day. Probably the most caring person to walk the hall way in USAC. Common sense that benifited us all in every way. Always a gentleman at the track and off. Never failed a phone call in a careing mood. This is probably the only person at the office who or could get in the trenches with you and make you feel like all the large amounts of money we were spending as car owners would turn into fun to satisfy our large investment.
I can tell you as one person who owns several USAC sprint cars and ran USAC races was because only of the treatment I received from Gregg. There were many other choices of different tracks to go to but I liked being around Gregg. Now that he is gone I am really confused what is going on after 44 years of USAC membeship(minus Vietnam and being a single parent with my son Boston). This remindes me of my son Boston (15) and running a 410 wing car at Lawerencegurg and meeting Gregg. There I was reasured of 100% help by Gregg as any question or help I needed. And he would always wink at you as Boston and I struggled for seat time. He would also ask if I had a great time. People we can not let this most fair and caring man leave this sport. It is really scary for me what is happening within USAC. Remember the new Mr. Miller could not even show up at the first USAC sprint race. At least I never seen him. Missed a great chance to show us he could be a real racer and not a head chopper. Am I making any since or just a really sad car owner who is missing something. I need help understanding to understand what I think is a giant blunder. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
While on this subject will John Caples please inform us here just what job he maintains and what authority he has within USAC. John, long time friend, but you need to tell us your status within USAC and authority you use daily within USAC. I think we need to find out your real status. Please don't hide behind retirement statements. This is a big deal we know the truth about you daily, weekly and monthly status with USAC. As a member longer than you no one will let us know. We receive only spin that talks as a non profit business. Every one seems to hide behind this. This is a great web site to explain who, what, and where you are. Things are really changing at USAC and will someone please tell us what is going on and the direction is?

Hurting, confused of the sport I love and given alot of money and time.

Lynn

5/2/08, 2:13 AM   #2
Re: Gregg Stabb
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackduce View Post
People,I just learned on a previous post about Gregg. I am so angry I can not grasp my feelings and make any sense. Gregg was an racer far more caring than anyone who has been down the street or coming in the future. And I am including the directors who are proving there is no one steering this ship. John Caples is the only one I can hold responsible. John tell me different. I am spending too much money to see you direct this stupid direction. Gregg Stabb bled sprint cars 24 hrs a day. Probably the most caring person to walk the hall way in USAC. Common sense that benifited us all in every way. Always a gentleman at the track and off. Never failed a phone call in a careing mood. This is probably the only person at the office who or could get in the trenches with you and make you feel like all the large amounts of money we were spending as car owners would turn into fun to satisfy our large investment.
I can tell you as one person who owns several USAC sprint cars and ran USAC races was because only of the treatment I received from Gregg. There were many other choices of different tracks to go to but I liked being around Gregg. Now that he is gone I am really confused what is going on after 44 years of USAC membeship(minus Vietnam and being a single parent with my son Boston). This remindes me of my son Boston (15) and running a 410 wing car at Lawerencegurg and meeting Gregg. There I was reasured of 100% help by Gregg as any question or help I needed. And he would always wink at you as Boston and I struggled for seat time. He would also ask if I had a great time. People we can not let this most fair and caring man leave this sport. It is really scary for me what is happening within USAC. Remember the new Mr. Miller could not even show up at the first USAC sprint race. At least I never seen him. Missed a great chance to show us he could be a real racer and not a head chopper. Am I making any since or just a really sad car owner who is missing something. I need help understanding to understand what I think is a giant blunder. Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
While on this subject will John Caples please inform us here just what job he maintains and what authority he has within USAC. John, long time friend, but you need to tell us your status within USAC and authority you use daily within USAC. I think we need to find out your real status. Please don't hide behind retirement statements. This is a big deal we know the truth about you daily, weekly and monthly status with USAC. As a member longer than you no one will let us know. We receive only spin that talks as a non profit business. Every one seems to hide behind this. This is a great web site to explain who, what, and where you are. Things are really changing at USAC and will someone please tell us what is going on and the direction is?

Hurting, confused of the sport I love and given alot of money and time.

Lynn
You are not alone in the way you feel about Mr. Stabb.

Jerry #66j
www.joshspencer.com

5/2/08, 2:16 AM   #3
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Well said Lynn, the only time I think I ever actually talked to Greg was in the pits at Paragon before the flip that ended his career. He signed my Paragon Speedway souvenir T shirt. Made my day.

5/2/08, 4:33 AM   #4
Dwight Clock

I would want to hear something official from USAC before lighting up this board with talk about this. :idea:

5/2/08, 6:51 AM   #5
Sprint Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight Clock View Post
I would want to hear something official from USAC before lighting up this board with talk about this. :idea:
AMEN DC!

It may very well end up being true, but until we know for sure, it is just another ugly rumor started by poeple who live for that stuff!

Me..........I am going to wait to see if it is true and why it happened, if it did, before saying anything about it.

People need to remember, there are real people and feelings invovled in this stuf, not just recognizable names.

Think before you post!

5/2/08, 7:34 AM   #6
cecil98

Just spoke with Greg at 7:26am this morning as he was sitting in his USAC office working on his computer. As of this moment, he is still working at USAC.

5/2/08, 7:47 AM   #7
D.O.

Stopped by USAC yesterday and Greg was at work. ????
:dologob:

5/2/08, 7:50 AM   #8
E.P.

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 17

Lynn -

With all due respect given the decisions Kevin Miller has made since his arrival personally I would be surprised to learn that Mr. Capels orchestrated this apparent move.

When you think of the personnel to leave USAC since November OS, BS, BD and there may be others I am unaware of, I find it hard to believe a person of Kevin Miller's stature would come from his previous job to USAC only to be Mr. Capels puppet.

5/2/08, 7:55 AM   #9
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Still stand by what I said. Don't know if it's true or not but you can name numerous instances why Greg and a handful of others are the only reason USAC still exist and is actually for a change, GROWING
Chuck

5/2/08, 8:12 AM   #10
Seadog

I'm with Dwight on this. I want it in black and white before we all start pointing fingers and getting upset.

Where did this "information" come from?

I can tell you that Greg Staab is a fine person and is the hardest working man in racing IMO. I've always defended him when he got bashed for double booking shows. I say walk a mile in his shoes and you would understand better. I can't even imagine the stress level of his position.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gregg Stabb