IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Isw thoughts
7/17/11, 10:09 AM   #1
Isw thoughts
dirt330

Indiana sprint week was more than i expected. Attended kokomo, lawrenceburg,bloomington and tri-state. I never realized how great we have it living in indy with such great racing for non-wing sprints. The fans i meet made isw so special. Great seating and talking to fans from n.y, south dakota, minn., california and florida, made me think how big isw is in the racing world .everyone was saying "wait to you go to tri-state " it was more and better than i had hoped for. My new favorate track. Thanks to usac, drivers, tracks, and the best fans in the world for making isw so special. Can't wait for the next isw. O'well there is still so much great racing still to go in 2011 in the great state of indiana.

2 members like this post: Gregg, Mud Packer
7/17/11, 11:00 AM   #2
Re: Isw thoughts
dirtcarfan

Agreed. I could only attend the Bloomington race and must say that once you walk over the hillside, it's takes your breath away! How beautiful a setting for a sprint car race! The track was perfect, the crowd was great, the employees friendly... I think the mini sprints made a great "special guest" to the sprinters. Let's have a "Indiana Mini sprintweeks" and run the same tracks!

1 member likes this post: dusty tracks
7/17/11, 12:02 PM   #3
Sprints!

We wait anxiously each year and mark our calender for sprint week. My daughter and I attend at Least 3-5 of ISW races each year. We are very fortunate to be located about two hours from Kokomo and two from TSS. Bloomington and The Burg are only an hour away. We cannot thank everyone involved enough for making this all possible.

7/17/11, 2:24 PM   #4
robert gatten

met three great people from the UK ! that came over for sprint weeks and going back Tuesday. Is that outstanding or what ? Oh, they bought Chads tee shirts too.

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, FishBurger, Gregg, jim goerge, Mud Packer
7/17/11, 2:56 PM   #5
dusty tracks

Add paragon, lps and vernon!!! run 10 nights... AWESOME

5 members like this post: Dannypollock24, mikeham73, Speedwrench, Sprints!, TNRustler
7/17/11, 3:42 PM   #6
cmcooper2

It was an awesome week of racing!! Everyone was safe and no one was seriously injured. I hope the weather is better next year leading up to sprint week so the tracks are not so dry and dusty but in reality it comes down to the promoter to get the track prepared which kokomo and TSS had the best in my opinon. Great Week!

7/17/11, 3:51 PM   #7
skids59

We attended the last 4. Four unique tracks. Four good shows and very appreciative of the great hospitality from the people of Indiana. Seems like it gets better every year.

7/17/11, 4:51 PM   #8
Drtchsr

Race Count This Year: 34
Race Count Last Year: 53

For me two races come to mind. The feature at Terre Haute had so much action that you could not watch it all and the "B" main at Brownstown was unforgettable. The only downer for the week was the direction the wind blew as it seemed to be blowing at the stands every nite. The fact that we had no rainouts was very nice for a change this year and nobody but nobody has cleaner restrooms than Gas City.
Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: awnunn, BrentTFunk, Mud Packer
7/17/11, 5:01 PM   #9
bowbuild

Thank you to USAC and officials, track promters, and all of the fans that followed and supported speedweeks 2011. I am lucky I was able to attend two of the races and it was awesome I only hope next year I will make more. It would be great if USAC could reach an agreement with MMSA to be support to next years (2012) speedweeks. Already looking forward to 2012 speedweek!

Thanks again,
Greg Bowlen
Last edited by bowbuild; 7/18/11 at 9:05 AM.

7/17/11, 8:09 PM   #10
rachasin

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 42

I made my first ISW this year and it was all great stuff. I also talked with lots of friendly people, Australia, Gremany, UK,
Made all the shows including North Vernon. Worn out but grinnin. Will try to do it again for sure.
Thanks to USAC and everyone envolved with the tracks we were at.

PS. Thanks again to Judy from Bloomington for letting my buddy keep his dog.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Isw thoughts