IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Tumey's 55 (Offline)
  #1 7/12/11 8:54 PM
I plan on making the trek from Kokomo to Haubstadt on Saturday. This will be first visit to Tri-State, any tips or advice?
arctic monkey21 (Offline)
  #2 7/12/11 8:58 PM
Sit on the backstretch in the reserved seats if you can. Nice seats with backs and as a plus you don't have to worry about the sun in your eyes. The way the pits are set up you can also walk around the outside of the fence all the way around and get a good look at the teams working before you go into your seat if you're there early in the day.
DWX 9929 (Offline)
  #3 7/12/11 8:58 PM
Be ready to say WOW!
3 Likes: ekohl23, jim goerge, randy j
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #4 7/12/11 9:04 PM
I like to sit on the backstretch (side furthest away from US41). The sun is at your back and they have a reserved section in the top half of that grandstand. Reserved is definitely worth the three extra bucks, IMO. Call the track (812-768-6025) if you want to reserve your seats in advance. It beats the hell out of having to get there real early, so you can tape off or put blankets down to get a decent seat, like you do at most tracks. If you call you'll be talking to Loris Helfrich, Tommy's wife.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
2 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, jim goerge
Tumey's 55 (Offline)
  #5 7/12/11 9:13 PM
Thanks for the tip, reserved seating it will be if available.
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #6 7/12/11 9:50 PM
Just be prepared to accept the inevitable ......that you will have a new favorite track..........

5 Likes: cfdrescue1, DWX 9929, ekohl23, randy j, rdzsprint
Barney (Offline)
  #7 7/12/11 9:54 PM
Always sit on the back stretch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It will leave more room for us that like the front stretch. lol.
racefan20 (Offline)
  #8 7/12/11 9:55 PM
Originally Posted by Rpracing1:
Just be prepared to accept the inevitable ......that you will have a new favorite track..........

Maybe not if he is coming from Kokomo

John Hoover

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus
4 Likes: Cel Cripe, dustbowl, mowerman
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #9 7/12/11 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by racefan20:
Maybe not if he is coming from Kokomo
Then again.......Maybe so.....:hook:
Tumey's 55 (Offline)
  #10 7/13/11 6:30 AM
With sprint cars it's all good, just some tracks and some races better than others. Kokomo does have me spoiled but I read and hear great things about Tri-State.