IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Umra at rushville what a joke
7/4/11, 8:27 PM   #1
Umra at rushville what a joke
monkeyboy

After a small child lit a firework a very rude fair board member cam over and yelled at him. We laughed him off for being the miserable old man he was. Next thing I know we are being surrounded swat team style and almost in cuffs for having an opposing view with a Goff fan whom is also on the fair board. I have never been kicked out of a track especially one I have been going to for years. Umra if this is how you want to treat someone who goes to your race long live the mtqrl.
Posted using Mobile Device

7/4/11, 8:52 PM   #2
MKTQ17

A fairboard member approaches you (not a UMRA Board member) for what ever reason and it the UMRA's fault! Are you serious. Can you explain why or how the UMRA is at fault here?

Michael Koontz

7/4/11, 9:02 PM   #3
monkeyboy

Well because everything was hunky dory until we had an opposing view with the umras king of kings and the fairboard member didnt like it too much. Bottom line is he should not have come and been such a dick to a young race fan. And when we asked for our ticket money from the pleasant young ladies at the gate the fairboard member had the police roll up like a modern day Gestapo.

7/4/11, 9:05 PM   #4
Re: Umra at rushville what a joke
scooter99

" after a SMALL CHILD LIT a firework" sounds like some responsable parenting to me. Did he light it with his cigarette.

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, fish, koolaid89, OpenwheelRob
7/4/11, 9:06 PM   #5
racerdog45

you are rude and disrespectful to a person doing his job and it's the UMRA's fault and then somehow you blame Terry Goff????? give me a break, sounds like you're looking for a fight or arguement. And by the way a CHILD should not be handling fireworks let alone in a crowd......I think it's pretty clear who the DICK is here....

7/4/11, 9:12 PM   #6
MKTQ17

I truely can understand your dissapointment with having to leave! Im not trying to start anything or discredit your feelings. However, again I dont see how the UMRA is at fault here. You were not approached by a representative of the UMRA! But a representative of the Rush County Fair and the police.

7/4/11, 9:32 PM   #7
monkeyboy

It's not my kid so don't talk to me about parenting. He like 11 you never played with fireworks? And I never once said it was terrys fault. I was simply stating we were not cheering for
him and that the fair board member was unhappy. Sucks I had to leave I
talked that race up to alot of friends. I personally love tq races. Oh well two bad days of racing. At least sprint week is breathing down our necks.

7/4/11, 10:06 PM   #8
scooter99

I was just making a joke, trying to lighten the mood. It's to bad that the situation could not get resolved and that you had to leave. Tq racing needs all the fans we can get.
!

7/4/11, 10:22 PM   #9
Shawn

I understand being frustrated, but to put this on UMRA's shoulders is absolutely unfair. This isn't about either TQ organization. If you're going going to be upset with anyone, it should be the Rush County Fair Board.

I don't know tonight's situation, but I will say that they don't rate real high with me.
Posted via Mobile Device

7/4/11, 10:26 PM   #10
dirtyd6305

Isn't it because of the Goffs and the way the UMRA bent over backwards to keep them happy all these years that prompted the MTQRL to form a rival sanctioning body in TQs? Or it was at least a major contributing factor for the new series? Ask Tate Martz (specifically the 2001 Rushville Natls incident) or even Bryce Townsend (from his brief visit many years ago) about the UMRA's BS when it comes to keeping those idiots happy. And as far aas the guy above who tried to put down the kid's parent for him being able to light his own firework.....seriously man are you that pathetic? A kid isnt even allowed to light off fireworks on the 4th of July by himself without it being called poor parenting? Come find me at Gas City Friday so I can shoot a bottle rocket in your face....actually u will probably be requesting updates instead of going to a race like all these other true fans on this board.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Umra at rushville what a joke