IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Deannalynn & Others
6/30/11, 11:16 AM   #1
Deannalynn & Others
Gene Franckowiak

I live in PA and own a winged sprint car team. We have raced 360's and 410's but are now back to racing 360's becasue of the cost of 410 racing here in the east is out of my league. I didn't want to step back but was forced to. Instead of complainging and bashing the sport, organizations, and other players. I simply went back to where I know I can afford to race.

Since I have always loved USAC on-wing racing, I took my 410's placed and ad on IOW volunteering my engines to help a USAC team. I was contacted by Hunter Schuerenburg and decided to sponsor him.

No ********, No trashing, .........I took some negatives that happened to me and turned them into positives for someone else. I get great joy from that.

I cannot tell you how much fun I am having with Hank Byram, Hunter, Rico, BK, Anthony, and all involved on that team.

Deannalynn, you cannot effect change by words alone and people get really tired of hearing negatives all the time.......even if some of them are true.

I believe that you need to figure out what you can do to help the sport, help a team, and help yourself...........so you can once again enjoy the sport we all love.

In closing, quit talking and do something.....take action !!!!

6/30/11, 11:18 AM   #2
Re: Deannalynn & Others
Jerry Shaw

Posts like this are why I love this board. Thanks, Gene.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

1 member likes this post:
6/30/11, 11:33 AM   #3
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
Posts like this are why I love this board. Thanks, Gene.

Jerry
Me to Jerry. Thanks Gene.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

6/30/11, 11:43 AM   #4
apexonephoto

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 35

Gene,

Due to a Canadian postal strike, and the usual delay in receiving my AARN, I just got the Eastern Storm issue last night.

I was thrilled to see Coleman on the cover, not so thrilled that it was a crash shot. I was also thrilled to see I finally got a color photo in the inside back cover, and a few more shots in the Ohsweken write up. Speaking of turning things around, and seizing an opportunity, I am glad to see AARN has really stepped up their USAC coverage with the departure of NSSN. A full editorial column on Clasuson and Windom was a nice read. Also managed to read all of the USAC coverage, including you lending your motor to Hunter. Very cool in my book. On the other side of the coin it sure sounded like a lot of non wing guys got a chance to take in some winged racing at the Grove. While I worry about out of town, long distance races having good crowds, by the sounds of things the tour went well for some guys.

2 members like this post: IndyBound
6/30/11, 12:19 PM   #5
deannalynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Franckowiak View Post
Deannalynn, you cannot effect change by words alone and people get really tired of hearing negatives all the time.......even if some of them are true.

In closing, quit talking and do something.....take action !!!!
Dear Sir,
So far, I have tried to discuss branding/trademark issues, talk openly about the sacredness of Paragon and Warsaw, openly ask Mr. Stewart for help with getting TNT televised, write an article for USAC, status check some old guys, play an April fools day joke, and support the American race car and its dirt tracks. If I can't do these things here without being dubbed captain of the ***** squad, where can I do it? I honestly don't want to be a loose cannon for anyone. I have openly asked the racing gods for guidance as I try to write this book about the state of the economy and its impact on open wheel racing.

I don't understand why Mr. Stewart gets hauled off to the police station in Australia after a race, yet my little online posts are considered bad for racing.

Thank's for your interest, though. Hope to see you Sunday
Last edited by deannalynn; 6/30/11 at 12:21 PM.

2 members like this post: fish, T&A Racing
6/30/11, 1:11 PM   #6
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by deannalynn View Post
Dear Sir,
So far, I have tried to discuss branding/trademark issues, talk openly about the sacredness of Paragon and Warsaw, openly ask Mr. Stewart for help with getting TNT televised, write an article for USAC, status check some old guys, play an April fools day joke, and support the American race car and its dirt tracks. If I can't do these things here without being dubbed captain of the ***** squad, where can I do it? I honestly don't want to be a loose cannon for anyone. I have openly asked the racing gods for guidance as I try to write this book about the state of the economy and its impact on open wheel racing.

I don't understand why Mr. Stewart gets hauled off to the police station in Australia after a race, yet my little online posts are considered bad for racing.

Thank's for your interest, though. Hope to see you Sunday
I'm not going to read your book, if you actually ever have one. For fear that half way through the first chapter, I might be consumed by the overwhelming urge to throw myself in front of the first moving bus I can find.

To be honest, your series of "little online posts" haven't exactly been uplifting. Even if you're trying to sell a "doom and gloom" story to the racing community, you have to give them something that doesn't drive them to drink, by reading it.

Gene's post, on the other hand, shows that in tough times, tough, resilient people still find a way to make things happen. This isn't the first tough economic period in racing and it won't be the last.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

6/30/11, 1:15 PM   #7
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

Quote:
I honestly don't want to be a loose cannon for anyone.
That horse may already be out of the barn.

6/30/11, 1:17 PM   #8
deannalynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
if you're trying to sell a "doom and gloom" story to the racing community, you have to give them something that doesn't drive them to drink, by reading it.
Jerry
You and the rest of the racing community already know what's going on. I was hoping the financial and political world(including the legal system) might take interest.
Last edited by deannalynn; 6/30/11 at 1:20 PM.

6/30/11, 2:00 PM   #9
REH24

Quote:
I was hoping the financial and political world(including the legal system) might take interest.
You have to get out of fantasy land and get in the real world.

REH

6/30/11, 2:36 PM   #10
Gene Franckowiak

The financial and legal world has very little if any interest in racing, especially on a local or regional level. Most companies sponsor cars becasue they like racing, know someone on the team, are related to someone on the team, or are friends with the team.........I have had many sponsors in my 36 years of racing and only 1 time did I get a totally unrelated sponsor and that lasted for a year until they realized it didn't help them sell product.

The legal world is looking to make money.........how you say ??? Lawsuits, Contract Negotiations, etc..........all of which have little to do with racing as most people choose a lawyer by referral, business associates, family ties, friends, etc...........I would be a large sum of money not many people see a lawyers name on a race car and go right over and hire him.

The financial world is interested in people putting money into their banks, investment firms, portfolio's, savings accounts, etc.......and they also look to lend money to qualified people who are purchasing items the bank can hold as collateral...........I know my bank doesn't loan money to buy racing stuff if you don't have the collateral to back it up........this isn't the racer's strong suit either.

Deannalynn........Local racing or regional racing "is what it is"..a bunch of guys getting together on the weekends to race and have fun. Some take it more seriously than others, some have mile high goals and expectations, and some just want to have fun..........but in the end, we are not corporate, high brow, country clubbers.........just some good ole' folks havin' fun livin' the dream.

Here is my outlook for racing: you win some, you lose some, you crash some, you blow some up, some get rained out..........and if you can't leave the track with a smile on your face after experiencing anyone of the above..........its time for a fishin' rod and Coleman camper.

If anyone would like to discuss racing or the sate of, give me a call.

Gene Franckowiak
JMO Motorsports
Rock Steady Motorsports
Excelsior Blower Systems, Inc.
Reding, PA
610-698-4121
Last edited by Gene Franckowiak; 6/30/11 at 2:39 PM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Deannalynn & Others