IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Steve vs Sammy
6/20/11, 3:11 PM   #1
Steve vs Sammy
RGraves

Looks like they're into it again. Evidently Steve and Kevin tangled on the track Saturday night and Sammy was waiting for the King after the race. Sounds like the King had Sammy by throat and had to be peeled off of him.

Sammy is going to have to let the kid race and take care of himself. Kevin is talented but seems like quite a squall bag, just like his dad. Probably the reason that he can't settle into one series.

I have always respected Sammys abilities and always enjoy watching him race but that entire family would be hard to take if I knew them personally.

On a side note- It is good to see that two men that have been racing and winning for years still have that burning desire.
Last edited by RGraves; 6/20/11 at 3:57 PM.

5 members like this post: Dannypollock24, interpreter66, JEFFSTOY, jim goerge, skids59
6/20/11, 3:50 PM   #2
Re: Steve vs Sammy
Wallsracing

Race Count This Year: 54
Race Count Last Year: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgraves View Post
looks like they're into it again. Evidently steve and kevin tangled on the track saturday night and sammy was waiting for the king after the race. Sounds like the king had sammy by throat and had to be peeled off of him.

Sammy is going to have to let the kid race and take care of himself. Kevin is talented but seems like quite a squall bag, just like his dad. Probably the reason that he can't settle into one series.

I have always respected sammys abilities and always enjoy watching him race but that entire family would be hard to take if i knew them personally.

On a side note- it is good to see that two men that have been racing and winning for years still have that burning desire.
whoop his ass king

4 members like this post: JEFFSTOY, jim goerge, Speedwrench
6/20/11, 3:58 PM   #3
Jerry Spencer

When Josh started racing we figured if you were big enough to put the helmet on you should be big enough to take whatever you got coming to ya, with that being said I would not embarrass Josh by fighting his battle for him. I respect Steve and Sammy but kid or not you need to stand on your own two feet.

Jerry #66j
stida.com

6/20/11, 3:59 PM   #4
Dannypollock24

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 30 +

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGraves View Post
Looks like they're into it again. Evidently Steve and Kevin tangled on the track Saturday night and Sammy was waiting for the King after the race. Sounds like the King had Sammy by throat and had to be peeled off of him.

I have always respected Sammys abilities and always enjoy watching him race but that entire family would be hard to take if I knew them personally.

On a side note- It is good to see that two men that have been racing and winning for years still have that burning desire.
How Stupid could little Sammy be to confront a King with no chance in the world of hurting him as He should have picked him up and spit in his ass crack for acting a fool!

Danny 24

6/20/11, 4:06 PM   #5
RGraves

http://www.ibracn.com/news/

6/20/11, 4:15 PM   #6
Sprintracing59

Guess Sammy never learned from the other times Steve kicked his a$$,Some were I have picture's of Steve whipping on him at Lincoln,Neb. 20-25 yrs ago

3 members like this post: Dannypollock24, jim goerge, Need For Speed
6/20/11, 4:23 PM   #7
Dannypollock24

Race Count This Year: 22
Race Count Last Year: 30 +

STEVE AND SAMMY.....AGAIN
6/19/2011
There were a lot of fireworks flying up in Grand Forks, ND on Saturday night when the WoO stoppedy by River Cities Speedway. The fireworks involved Sammy Swindell and Steve Kinser.

The story I got came from an eyewitness that saw the race action and the extra-curricular activities. Kevin Swindell was racing Steve Kinser for second place in heat race #4. The story I got states that Kevin Swindell made a pass on Steve Kinser for second place (a dash qualifing position) and used up a lot of track to do it. Steve ran Kevin down and on the white flag lap, (according to my eyewitness) Steve drove over Kevin's left front wheel which folded up the front end on Kevin's car. Steve was credited for 2nd and Kevin for 5th. Sammy was waiting at the scales for Steve when he came off of the track. Steve gassed up his car and swerved at Sammy and he never flinched. Steve parked his car and came flying out of it, and hustled right towards Sammy while unbuckling his helmet. Nasty words were exchanged, and eventually, Steve shoved Sammy and then grabbed his throat very hard. They were separated, but Steve once again put a nasty throat hold on Sammy with his right hand and it looked to get ugly. But, WoO officials and other crew members separated them and they went their separate ways.

According to World Racing Group rules, anyone leaving their pit-stall and having a physical confrontation is subject to fine and suspension. We will have to see how this all plays out. Steve went on to finish 3rd, Sammy finished 9th, and Kevin 17th.

This reminds me of an incident that occurred down at Eagle Raceway about 20 years ago when Sammy was driving the TMC car and Steve was driving the Valvoline car. Some things don't change much over time.

Danny 24

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
6/20/11, 5:17 PM   #8
ClaytonYeley

4 members like this post: Dannypollock24, jim goerge, petey, skids59
6/20/11, 5:25 PM   #9
RGraves

I guess Sammy has short term memory loss when it comes to racing accidents. To me this looked like a racing accident with the same outcome, a broken front axle.

Last edited by RGraves; 6/20/11 at 5:31 PM.

2 members like this post: Dannypollock24, jim goerge
6/20/11, 5:54 PM   #10
sprintman01

I can't even respect Swidell's as racer's when they act like that. We are supposed to be conducting ourselves as professional's. As a corporate sponsor, I would shy away from folk's like that. (If I was a potential corporate sponsor) I don't care how good you are, fan's better be able to approach and meet you.(you need a balance of talent and good PR) They better be able to bring their kid's to your pit and meet you etc etc etc...That sell's product and is good for racing. Sean Wolfe

4 members like this post: Dannypollock24, jim goerge, Joe@ScaleSprints, skids59
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Steve vs Sammy