IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
RGraves (Offline)
  #1 5/14/11 1:24 AM
Trying to make plans and can't decide. If there wasn't a break I would go all week. I have to pick one or the other. What would you'll pick? Leaning towards the second half as I am not big on Pavement but I have never been to Gas City or the Burg(new). Not big on the dry slick train race that will probably happen at Bloomington either, but haven't been to the Action Track in years.

Decisions-Decisions- What to do?

TNT, Gas City, Kokomo, and Lawrenceburg

or

Terre Haute, Brownstown, Bloomington, and Haubstadt.
Chris Nunn (Offline)
  #2 5/14/11 2:02 AM
Brownstown is a must see, of course im impartial after the past couple of races we put on. Bloomington is hit or miss lately. But you cant go wrong with Sprint week and the TH, Brownstown, Bloomington, Haubstadt quartet

Chris Nunn
812-360-6711
nunnc812@gmail.com
reeserx (Offline)
  #3 5/14/11 2:33 AM
My plans are to hit gas city, Kokomo and the burg, and hit up kings island after the burg lol
Posted using Mobile Device
rtsb (Offline)
  #4 5/14/11 8:09 AM
I went for the first time last year to all of them except the last one my mistake WOO sucked at Eldora.This year I'm flying back a day early to see the Pavement race at ORP on thursday Looking forward to 9 races in 11 days hopefully.Last year Brownstown had a unbelievable finish with Brady Short.
RGraves (Offline)
  #5 5/14/11 9:50 AM
I will probably do the last 4. Looking forward to it. Wonder if any California boys are going to make the trip east?
SPRINTCAR (Offline)
  #6 5/14/11 10:18 AM
Gas City, Kokomo, Burg and Brownietown.
racegal (Offline)
  #7 5/14/11 12:10 PM
Are any of them tracks you've never been to? I always like going to new tracks so if you haven't been to one or more maybe you could decide that way.
I will be at all of them!! Woohooooo!!!!

Doh!! re reading your post I see that is no help at all!! Sorry!

DD FAN-atic!! Susan St. Catherine
God bless America and our troops
deannalynn
  #8 5/14/11 6:58 PM
Originally Posted by RGraves:
Trying to make plans and can't decide. If there wasn't a break I would go all week. I have to pick one or the other. What would you'll pick? Leaning towards the second half as I am not big on Pavement but I have never been to Gas City or the Burg(new). Not big on the dry slick train race that will probably happen at Bloomington either, but haven't been to the Action Track in years.

Decisions-Decisions- What to do?

TNT, Gas City, Kokomo, and Lawrenceburg

or

Terre Haute, Brownstown, Bloomington, and Haubstadt.
If you take the Indy route, you can stop by the IMS museum and Fast Times Indoor Go-Kart track. There's also a women in racing exhibit going on at the Indiana State Musuem. I've never been disappointed at Gas City or Kokomo and Friday's TNT was actually pretty great (even though I've never been big on pavement, either). I don't have anything against the southern part of the state, but on rainy days, there sure is a lot more to do in the Indianapolis. Enjoy your trip!!! You prob can't go wrong either way
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #9 5/14/11 9:45 PM
Thursday at the first TNT I thought I heard them announce that the next one wouldn't be until September. If I didn't hear correctly, I hope someone who was there will correct me, but I thought that is what I heard. No explanation.

If it helps any, Twin Cities has a $3,000 to win sprint race on July 12. While not part of Sprint Week, the $3000 will draw some good cars.

There really is no good answer. Do you miss Gas City and Kokomo or Terre Haute, Brownstown and Haubstadt? On the other hand, it looks like the first week you can hit three tracks (unless I am wrong about TNT), while the second week you can hit five in a row.

Deannalynn, thanks for the info on the women in racing exhibit. Didn't know that.

Frank Daigh
deannalynn
  #10 5/14/11 11:04 PM
[QUOTE=dirtnonwingfan;226529]Thursday at the first TNT I thought I heard them announce that the next one wouldn't be until September. If I didn't hear correctly, I hope someone who was there will correct me, but I thought that is what I heard. No explanation. ]

The June TNT has been rescheduled to September July 7 is next one! Hopefully the TV production company will find a sponsor by then! Either way, it's gonna be my second new favorite pavement race!!!